Spring Training Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

maher.timothy20@gm

Spring Training Thread

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

It turned out to be a pretty accurate nickname.
Lecom

Spring Training Thread

Post by Lecom »

I did not get a chance to post anything yesterday but wanted to touch on Cruz's home run which was a long one to right-center. If this kid starts to consistently hits this year in the minors it is going to be hard for the Pirates to keep him there next year. I wonder if Tucker goes to Indianapolis what they will do with Cruz. Will he go back to Altoona or will they find him another position.
SyrBucco

Spring Training Thread

Post by SyrBucco »

0C25232F2D400 wrote: I did not get a chance to post anything yesterday but wanted to touch on Cruz's home run which was a long one to right-center. If this kid starts to consistently hits this year in the minors it is going to be hard for the Pirates to keep him there next year. I wonder if Tucker goes to Indianapolis what they will do with Cruz. Will he go back to Altoona or will they find him another position.
Lecom, I sure do hope they find him another position, and do it quickly. The kid has a cannon, and we need a successor to Gregory Polanco. There is nobody in our system to block Cruz if he gets switched to RF, and it would be better to see him learn the OF at AA rather than waste development time keeping him at SS.
WildwoodDave

Spring Training Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

1B4D5B4F405A4A414C5B694E44484045074A290 wrote: Bucs win again!  Oh my god!  Can we count this wins in the regular season?  The bullpen guys that count did a great job today.  Although Burdi gave up a solo shot in the 9th he went on K 2 of the last 3 hitters with 100mph stuff.  Have we found a new "Nighmare" in our midst?

Bucs vs Jays Boxscore

Are they putting World Series tickets on sale yet?
WildwoodDave

Spring Training Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

6A5451594A525259795C4B583D0 wrote: Bucs win again!  Oh my god!  Can we count this wins in the regular season?  The bullpen guys that count did a great job today.  Although Burdi gave up a solo shot in the 9th he went on K 2 of the last 3 hitters with 100mph stuff.  Have we found a new "Nighmare" in our midst?

Bucs vs Jays Boxscore

Are they putting World Series tickets on sale yet?

Well doc, you will have to ask Shedman that question.
NJBucsFan

Spring Training Thread

Post by NJBucsFan »

From the Pirates Twitter feed. The logjam might be working itself out. It really does go to show there's no such thing as too many pitchers.

LHP Steven Brault will be shut down from throwing due to a left shoulder muscle strain. He will remain with the team and will reassess in two weeks to determine a throwing status.
Lecom

Spring Training Thread

Post by Lecom »

I forgot to add that the Pirates played 4 outfielders for a batter yesterday. Looked like a softball game except the rover was playing pretty deep. I read somewhere that they might experiment with that in spring training.
Lecom

Spring Training Thread

Post by Lecom »

43474F786E7E4B6C630D0 wrote: From the Pirates Twitter feed. The logjam might be working itself out. It really does go to show there's no such thing as too many pitchers.

LHP Steven Brault will be shut down from throwing due to a left shoulder muscle strain. He will remain with the team and will reassess in two weeks to determine a throwing status.

There goes the second one. Are we going to see what we saw last year?
DemDog

Spring Training Thread

Post by DemDog »

Keller sucks today. 3 runs, 3 hits in 2.1 innings.
WildwoodDave

Spring Training Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

705159705B53340 wrote: Keller sucks today.  3 runs, 3 hits in 2.1 innings.
two game win streak ends- short lived euphoria