Spring Training Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

PMike

Spring Training Thread

Post by PMike »

527B7D71731E0 wrote: How has Cole Tucker looked so far? The buzz is that unless they trade Frazier, Tucker will start the season at Indy.

I have only seen him play one game so hard to gauge although the game I saw him play he did have a hit. I can tell you that Cruz will soon be pushing him somewhere down the road if they keep him at short. Cruz is about as smooth as it gets. Cruz also has a cannon for an arm .

I have only seen Cruz on TV the other day. Never in person. But that dude is a freak of an athlete. It is mind boggling that a 6'7" person can be smooth and fluid in the field. At the plate he needs some work, but the potential is there. He flicked his wrists at an away pitch and hit it off the opposite field wall. If he could fill out a little and have a build similar to Tucker with that 6'7" frame...
Ecbucs

Spring Training Thread

Post by Ecbucs »

05183C3E30550 wrote: How has Cole Tucker looked so far? The buzz is that unless they trade Frazier, Tucker will start the season at Indy.

I have only seen him play one game so hard to gauge although the game I saw him play he did have a hit. I can tell you that Cruz will soon be pushing him somewhere down the road if they keep him at short. Cruz is about as smooth as it gets. Cruz also has a cannon for an arm .

I have only seen Cruz on TV the other day.  Never in person.  But that dude is a freak of an athlete.  It is mind boggling that a 6'7" person can be smooth and fluid in the field.  At the plate he needs some work, but the potential is there.  He flicked his wrists at an away pitch and hit it off the opposite field wall.  If he could fill out a little and have a build similar to Tucker with that 6'7" frame...

yeah, I am hoping he becomes better than D. Strawberry. If he keeps trying to improve in all facets of game he will be a beast.
Lecom

Spring Training Thread

Post by Lecom »

Again this game was televised so this will be short. Musgrove is starting to look like the ace of the staff so far. He pitched 2 innings today and looked really sharp. Murphy hit a home run but the Pirates lose and are now 0-4-1. Is anyone else getting concerned about the lack of hitting and run production. This looks like it is going to be a long season The stadium was as quiet as I have ever heard it today. I heard the Boston game was close to a sell-out which we have not even come close to so far this season. That is a shame because it is supposed to be raining most of the day tomorrow.
shedman

Spring Training Thread

Post by shedman »

557C7A7674190 wrote: Again this game was televised so this will be short. Musgrove is starting to look like the ace of the staff so far. He pitched 2 innings today and looked really sharp. Kelly hit a home run but the Pirates lose and are now 0-4-1. Is anyone else getting concerned about the lack of hitting and run production. This looks like it is going to be a long season The stadium was as quiet as I have ever heard it today. I heard the Boston game was close to a sell-out which we have not even come close to so far this season. That is a shame because it is supposed to be raining most of the day tomorrow.
_______

Is it possible for a team to lose every last spring training game?
WildwoodDave

Spring Training Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

Is it possible for a team to lose every Spring TrainingGame? You are now in mid season form
mouse

Spring Training Thread

Post by mouse »

Cole Tucker really looked good today (Wednesday). If he can hit at all he should be the shortstop. Osuna also looked good.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Spring Training Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7D43464E5D45454E6E4B5C4F2A0 wrote: Is it possible for a team to lose every Spring TrainingGame? You are now in mid season form

Don't encourage him, Dave.
Lecom

Spring Training Thread

Post by Lecom »

32302A2C3A5F0 wrote: Cole Tucker really looked good today (Wednesday). If he can hit at all he should be the shortstop. Osuna also looked good.

Yes, he did mouse. He made a spectacular play about mid-game and another great stop although he could not get the guy at first. I am saying that JT Riddle will make this team. The pitching was less than you would hope for except for Burdi . . Mitch Keller gave up 3 hits 2 earned runs and was pulled in the second on a pitch count. This team now falls to 0-5-1 and Shedman might be right about winning a Spring Training game. Nick Burdi did hit 100MPH twice on the radar gun .
BenM

Spring Training Thread

Post by BenM »

Has Polanco made any throws from the outfield yet?
fjk090852-7

Spring Training Thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

643224303F25353E332416313B373F3A7835560 wrote: Is it possible for a team to lose every Spring TrainingGame? You are now in mid season form

Don't encourage him, Dave.
The Bucs are now 0-5 , and I will agree their hitting has been deplorable, but several pitchers who will probably break camp in a month have done well. The defense has been much better than last year, so if a few hitters get going they should get a few wins.