Official Game Thread - 4/23 - Bucs vs Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

The pitching continues to be the story. I know the Reds aren’t the ‘27 Yankees but they are major league players and the whole staff dominated those guys all weekend.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

16-7! Whodda thunk?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

133E33222534236360510 wrote: 16-7! Whodda thunk?

The one thing I feel badly about is that Cruz isn’t playing.  It’d be great if he could be in on this, growing with the others.  He’s a special talent, though, and hopefully he’ll return in August, won’t miss an beat, and contribute along with the others.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

3365736768726269647341666C60686D2F62010 wrote: The pitching continues to be the story.  I know the Reds aren’t the ‘27 Yankees but they are major-league players and the whole staff dominated those guys all weekend.

The Bucs are doing what they should do, beating the teams they should beat, and doing it beyond expectations.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I have to say I was totally wrong about Velasquez. I didn't think he had any chance to be a decent starter at all.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

A few thoughts about today:

Santana's steal of Second Base blew me away

I am glad they interviewed Velasquez after they took

him out. I didn't know he could smile.

I really think Smith- Njigba should be sent down. He gives us nothing. Could use another right handed bat against lefty's.

Maybe give Andujar another shot
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I can't even comprehend what is happening.

No one was more critical of this starting rotation than me.

Yet they are lights-out every night, game after game.

As a result ...

FIRST-PLACE.

The 2nd-best record in baseball, behind only Tampa Bay.

HOW IS THIS HAPPENING?

No idea how long it can last, but I've never been happier to be so DEAD WRONG.

And on top of all that, they're doing it without Cruz!

Defies all logic ...
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates if anything are 7-8 games up right now on the Cardinals which is a lot of games and not a deficit that will be made up by the Cards overnight. I still think the Cards are a team in the division the Pirates have to worry about and the fact that you are up on them now by 7 games is important and something the Pirates need to take a strangle hold on. It gets a lot tougher the next 2 weeks as 9 of the next 12 games are against the Dodgers, Tampa, and Toronto. Even if you play .500 baseball in this stretch and go 6-6 that will still keep you 9 games over .500 at 22-13 after 35 games and keep you right near the top of the division. So just avoid the long losing streaks and play .500 ball in this stretch and you will still be in good shape come mid May.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

173130273121520 wrote: I have to say I was totally wrong about Velasquez.  I didn't think he had any chance to be a decent starter at all.   
You're not the only guy who was wrong about Velasquez, Ecbucs. He's been awesome!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Brewers losing to the Red Sox puts the bucs in First

Place by 1/2 game. It's only April 24, but who cares!!