Hurdle fired

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Hurdle fired

Post by mouse »

Angles usually work both ways - Nutting could decide to move to North Carolina or Nashville or wherever.
BenM

Hurdle fired

Post by BenM »

5D545C4D43390 wrote: The lease agreement expires in 2030.   From opinions I've read, the city has rights within the lease to see the clubs financials. 

The lease is public record. You can read it here. Not an accountant or lawyer, so I can't tell you what this means.

4.3.1. Records. Team shall and hereby agrees to keep and maintain during the

Lease Term and for a period of three (3) consecutive years following the end of each Lease Year,

permanent, complete and accurate financial records for (i) the operations of the Ballpark, and

(ii) the operations of the Team, for each such Lease Year, which records shall be maintained in

accordance with GAAP, and which records shall be audited not less than annually by the

Accountants.

As for moving the team, Nutting (or a new owner) does that if they can get a stadium deal in the new city. That's become more difficult across all sports as voters get more tired of giving hundreds of millions of dollars in subsidies to billionaires.
Ecbucs

Hurdle fired

Post by Ecbucs »

67404B68250 wrote: The lease agreement expires in 2030.   From opinions I've read, the city has rights within the lease to see the clubs financials. 

The lease is public record. You can read it here. Not an accountant or lawyer, so I can't tell you what this means.

Lease Term and for a period of three (3) consecutive years following the end of each Lease Year,

permanent, complete and accurate financial records for (i) the operations of the Ballpark, and

(ii) the operations of the Team, for each such Lease Year, which records shall be maintained in

accordance with GAAP, and which records shall be audited not less than annually by the

Accountants.

As for moving the team, Nutting (or a new owner) does that if they can get a stadium deal in the new city. That's become more difficult across all sports as voters get more tired of giving hundreds of millions of dollars in subsidies to billionaires.

To move though they would still need MLB approval? It took along time for MLB to decide to move the Expos.
johnfluharty

Hurdle fired

Post by johnfluharty »

0423280B460 wrote: The lease agreement expires in 2030.   From opinions I've read, the city has rights within the lease to see the clubs financials. 

Accountants.

Nutting was born in Wheeling, his corporation is headquartered in Wheeling, and he owns a ski resort outside Pittsburgh - he's not going to move the team.
dmetz

Hurdle fired

Post by dmetz »

34362C2A3C590 wrote: Angles usually work both ways - Nutting could decide to move to North Carolina or Nashville or wherever.

would be a wonderful break for us if he moved this team somewhere else.
SammyKhalifa

Hurdle fired

Post by SammyKhalifa »

3C353D2C22580 wrote: Angles usually work both ways - Nutting could decide to move to North Carolina or Nashville or wherever.

would be a wonderful break for us if he moved this team somewhere else. 

Um, no
fjk090852-7

Hurdle fired

Post by fjk090852-7 »

MLB Trade Rumors is reporting that Clint is retiring. Good luck to him in his retirement.