Early free agency outlook

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5E60656D7E66666D4D687F6C3B090 wrote: They play in Seattle May 26-28. The first game starts after 10, so Doc will already be in bed. The next two games are 4 pm games, so Doc may have to suffer through two Wong games.

Nothing wong with that.

That is Memorial Day Weekend. Doc will be picnicing
Meaning, has the binoculars out for the neighbor.

We live in a patio home community now.  No use for binoculars anymore, if you get my drift.

I have seen some very foxy females in patio home communities.

You didn’t see any of them here.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1F495F4B445E4E45485F6D4A404C4441034E2D0 wrote: They play in Seattle May 26-28. The first game starts after 10, so Doc will already be in bed. The next two games are 4 pm games, so Doc may have to suffer through two Wong games.

Nothing wong with that.

We live in a patio home community now.  No use for binoculars anymore, if you get my drift.

The binoculars would come in handy here. Especially when they are floating on their rafts in their two piece Sometimes their daughters are out there as well. When should I pencil you in for a visit?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Willson Contreras signs with the Cards 87.5 M for 5 years. Seems

they have replaced Molina with a good one
2drfischer@gmail.c

6D53565E4D55555E7E5B4C5F083A0 wrote: They play in Seattle May 26-28. The first game starts after 10, so Doc will already be in bed. The next two games are 4 pm games, so Doc may have to suffer through two Wong games.

Nothing wong with that.

The binoculars would come in handy here. Especially when they are floating on their rafts in their two piece Sometimes their daughters are out there as well. When should I pencil you in for a visit?

I should be there in about 20 minutes.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

032524332535460 wrote: Jose Quintana to Mets, 13 million a year for two years.  One of cheaper contracts so far.
I would have been very happy to see us get Oquendo on that contract.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

6A404B7B4C5A5A56390 wrote: Jose Quintana to Mets, 13 million a year for two years.  One of cheaper contracts so far.
Meant Quintana, not Oquendo. Brain fart!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

406A61516670707C130 wrote: Jose Quintana to Mets, 13 million a year for two years.  One of cheaper contracts so far.
Quintana should be grateful that the bucs picked him up last year He got a $11M raise from the Mets
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

With the Winter Meetings about to close, 2Billion has been dished

out. Inflation is everywhere :D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

122C2921322A2A210124332077450 wrote: With the Winter Meetings about to close, 2Billion has been dished

How long before buyer's remorse sets in? I'm sure the Yankees can afford the 360 million dollar hit, but do the Padres really have that kind of revenue to spend they way they are?

The big buzz is the money that went to older players, and the number of contracts that went to these guys that will take them into 39/40 years old by the end of them.

I just wonder where all this revenue is coming from, if attendance is down across the board, ratings are down. Which of course makes me wonder, just how much are teams like the Reds, Pirates, A's, etc. sitting on? They have to be sitting on tons of money if these big market teams can just go completely insane. Not just on one player, the Yankees have Judge at 40 a year, Cole at 36, Stanton at 32, Donaldson 21.750, Rizzo 17, Lemahieu and Severino 15, and Hicks 10.8. That's 187.55 million for only 8 guys. That's not even a complete team! That disparity in revenue is insane.

I'd really love to know what the revenue is for a small market team like Pittsburgh, and what they could spend on baseball player salaries along with all the other bills that keep the lights on and ushers ushering, and ticket people selling tickets, yet still turn a profit. And what profit level would be deemed acceptable?

It's just insane seeing a handful of teams essentially pricing everyone out.
2drfischer@gmail.c

6957525A4951515A7A5F485B0C3E0 wrote: With the Winter Meetings about to close, 2Billion has been dished

It's good to see that workers are starting to get the raises that've been long overdue.