Official Game Thread 7/9/2023 Bucs vs. Serpientes

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Angel Perdomo takes over with one out in the 5th and gets two groundouts. To the 6th we go, Bucs still up 3-2.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I don't know why MLB teams got away from the spot starter concept. These days, we get BP games or a AAA starter being called up for 1 game. Teams used to have 1 or 2 guys in the BP who could pitch long relief (4 or 5 innings if needed) or make a start when needed. Those guys usually ended up with a handful of starts for the season and provided more effective pitching than what they could get from combining 6 or 7 relievers or using a guy from AAA who's still there for a reason.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Davis starts the 6th with a walk.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Santana flies out.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Nelson replaces Davies. Let’s light up his backside and have a laugher going into the Break.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Choi down on strikes.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Triolo fans. Headed out to grill some meat. Hope to return to something good.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

785E594C45495E48402B0 wrote: They like to talk about Hedges' defense being worth runs. So far, it's worth 1 run. For AZ.
I was just going to comment on that. Plus even though it was a bad throw, Gonzalez has to come off the bag and keep that ball from going into CF

Quite frankly, Gonzales has looked horrible in every aspect of the game in this series in Arizona
I beg to differ.
What part of his game are you enamored with in this Arizona series? He cost the Pirates the game yesterday by playing with his head in his ass. You will say that Bednar made a bad throw which I agree that he did. But if NG has hustled to 1B in the first place he would have had time to set his foot and make the play.Secondly he again brain farted by not covering first base when Santana dove to his right to glove a ground ball. Finally his at bats in this series make Suwinski look like a contact hitter. I like NG and thought he had a good series in LA. This series in Arizona, I’m just calling it as I see it, and I see that he needs to be more focused.
Nice for you to continue to be spoon fed by Pirates announcers...where do you get off saying "he didn't hustle"? It was all Bednar's fault, it was a horrific throw. The play with Santana?  He was getting ready to field the ball. Bednar didn't cover, Santana just happened to dive in front of him.

Watch the whole field, and don't be driven by the announcers. If I wanted to hear Block announce the play incorrectly again, I'd listen to the replay, I don't need to read it verbatim on the game threads.

I don’t need to listen to Joe Block. I was watching the game and am certainly capably of forming MY OWN opinion. I also played 2B and 3B in college so I know what is expected at those positions. I also agreed that Bednar shares blame on both those plays, but that does not negate the fact that NG was late in covering first twice.

I didn’t even mention the previous night when Hill picked off 2 runners at first, Santana overthrew 2B, but NG should have been on either side of the bag to give Santana a Line of Sight. Not strattling the bag. Understood that NG is a rookie and is still learning. Like I said I like NG. No need to get so upset
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Bloc acting like a moron with the Bednar Bobblehead
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

BS third strike on Marcano.