No DH in NL next Year

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

No DH in NL next Year

Post by GreenWeenie »

Might need another reason. Our GM's in the witness protection program.
DemDog

No DH in NL next Year

Post by DemDog »

5343427563636F000 wrote: No DH, so we can officially trade Bell.

Whatever they do they should keep in mind the Curse of GreenWeeie when they trade him.
DemDog

No DH in NL next Year

Post by DemDog »

1A2F3838330A38383334385D0 wrote: Might need another reason.  Our GM's in the witness protection program.

Right GW, BC wants to hide from you and the Curse! ;D ;D ;D ;D
WildwoodDave

No DH in NL next Year

Post by WildwoodDave »

033621212A1321212A2D21440 wrote: This proves there is a God.  Now, if they'd just get rid of Interleague play and the disaster that is the replay system all will be right with the world.

I'm a Pirates fan.  Nothing will be right in my world until the Pirates win the World Series.

I then suggest that you consider moving to another planet!
BellevueBuc

No DH in NL next Year

Post by BellevueBuc »

7D485F5F546D5F5F54535F3A0 wrote: I had hoped the NL would have the DH from now on.  :-/

Silly to have pitchers trying to hit . All that strategy BS is old thinking.

Great "strategy" today! "Walk the guy.  The pitcher's up next."  We see this ten times for every reason to even think about pulling a pitcher for a PH.

NL pitchers should man up, grow a set of nuts, and face 9 guys who can do some damage.  Walk a guy in the AL, and there's a price to pay for it.

Exactly, the NL is predictable baseball with no strategy.
2drfischer@gmail.c

No DH in NL next Year

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

40676E6E67747767407761020 wrote: I had hoped the NL would have the DH from now on.  :-/

Great "strategy" today! "Walk the guy.  The pitcher's up next."  We see this ten times for every reason to even think about pulling a pitcher for a PH.

NL pitchers should man up, grow a set of nuts, and face 9 guys who can do some damage.  Walk a guy in the AL, and there's a price to pay for it.

Right, because every single situation is exactly the same. Like the score, the inning, the number of outs, the men on base, who's available in the bullpen, how the opposing pitcher is pitching, who's available in the opposing bullpen, what pinch hitters are available, among other things.
BellevueBuc

No DH in NL next Year

Post by BellevueBuc »

6E382E3A352F3F34392E1C3B313D3530723F5C0 wrote: I had hoped the NL would have the DH from now on.  :-/

Right, because every single situation is exactly the same.  Like the score, the inning, the number of outs, the men on base, who's available in the bullpen, how the opposing pitcher is pitching, who's available in the opposing bullpen, what pinch hitters are available, among other things.

It is very easy to predict what NL managers will do. Does not matter what variables you pick.
GreenWeenie

No DH in NL next Year

Post by GreenWeenie »

Too bad we aren't allowed to give awards like we did on the old board. You'd easily be frontrunner for ROY!
2drfischer@gmail.c

No DH in NL next Year

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4F686161687B78684F786E0D0 wrote: I had hoped the NL would have the DH from now on.  :-/

Right, because every single situation is exactly the same.  Like the score, the inning, the number of outs, the men on base, who's available in the bullpen, how the opposing pitcher is pitching, who's available in the opposing bullpen, what pinch hitters are available, among other things.

It is very easy to predict what NL managers will do. Does not matter what variables you pick.

Really? Is that why there are many, many games each season where managers are second-guessed over the decisions they've made regarding hitting or not hitting for the pitcher?
GreenWeenie

No DH in NL next Year

Post by GreenWeenie »

Doesn't make them any less predictable.  Managers get second- guessed regardless of what they do- usually after a loss.

That's another thing that's predictable.  ;)