30 Wins- 30 Losses

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by SCBucco »

49404859572D0 wrote: I think Musgrove has the pitches to be a good starter.   Because of what he's able to throw that I have seen, its a possibility.  He can control both left and right handed batters with what he's throwing. 

Kuhl I believe has the arsenal to be better than a back of the rotation guy as well.  He's got the weaponry to mix in

So, you have JT and a bunch of ????.  Kuhl is no better than a five.  He isn't consistent.  To me, he would be a better bullpen guy. 

No.  JT is a question mark too, just less of one..   Kuhl and Musgrove are definitely bigger question marks, they just actually have the pitches and mix to end up better than back of the rotation. Something Williams, Nova, Brault, and possibly Kingham don't have.

Idk about Kingham yet.  Probably no chance though

That is the whole thing. We have nothing but question marks. There is zero consistency with this crew. Dog will continue with the built in excuse that this rotation is young. Whatever. I don't see any long term solution in this rotation to be honest. When JT is one ... that is one thing, but he too is inconsistent.
SCBucco

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by SCBucco »

323328392F6F685C0 wrote: I think Musgrove has the pitches to be a good starter.   Because of what he's able to throw that I have seen, its a possibility.  He can control both left and right handed batters with what he's throwing. 

Kuhl I believe has the arsenal to be better than a back of the rotation guy as well.  He's got the weaponry to mix in

So, you have JT and a bunch of ????.  Kuhl is no better than a five.  He isn't consistent.  To me, he would be a better bullpen guy. 

No.  JT is a question mark too, just less of one..   Kuhl and Musgrove are definitely bigger question marks, they just actually have the pitches and mix to end up better than back of the rotation. Something Williams, Nova, Brault, and possibly Kingham don't have.

I think I agree with you. Kuhl seems like he has the pure stuff to be good, he just hasn't reached it yet.

Kuhl is a bullpen arm to me ... probably would be more effective.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

3222231402020E610 wrote: I think Musgrove has the pitches to be a good starter.   Because of what he's able to throw that I have seen, its a possibility.  He can control both left and right handed batters with what he's throwing. 

That is the whole thing.  We have nothing but question marks.  There is zero consistency with this crew.  Dog will continue with the built in excuse that this rotation is young.  Whatever.  I don't see any long term solution in this rotation to be honest.  When JT is one ... that is one thing, but he too is inconsistent.

Do you think they are not young?

dave3BA

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by dave3BA »

If this new slider that Taillon is throwing continues to be as good as it has been the past few starts, he is going to be stupid-good. Hopefully he stays healthy.
DemDog

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by DemDog »

172529293D0F2C25282D2225440 wrote: Our starting rotation is a Beige Toyota.

Hey there! Be careful I once had a beige Toyota and I loved it. ;D ;D ;D
SammyKhalifa

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by SammyKhalifa »

113038113A32550 wrote: Our starting rotation is a Beige Toyota.

Hey there!  Be careful I once had a beige Toyota and I loved it.   ;D ;D ;D

Bland but reliable, won't set any records and you probably wish you had something else.  Like our rotation. :D

(and hey, I say that driving the SECOND most boring car, Grey Ford Focus). 
Roberto218

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by Roberto218 »

31-31.....back to .500.Time for a run!
fjk090852-7

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by fjk090852-7 »

1924292E393F24797A734B0 wrote: 31-31.....back to .500.Time for a run!
I am concerned that they will come back from this road trip several games under .500. Six games with the Cubs and DBacks will be tough.
SCBucco

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by SCBucco »

6A61696560617A3F394E776F666161206D610E0 wrote: I think Musgrove has the pitches to be a good starter.   Because of what he's able to throw that I have seen, its a possibility.  He can control both left and right handed batters with what he's throwing. 

That is the whole thing.  We have nothing but question marks.  There is zero consistency with this crew.  Dog will continue with the built in excuse that this rotation is young.  Whatever.  I don't see any long term solution in this rotation to be honest.  When JT is one ... that is one thing, but he too is inconsistent.

Why is it that a lot of franchises can develop young pitchers that have success, but Pittsburgh fans like you use the built in excuse that they are young? It gets old.
Kovalwat

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by Kovalwat »

4151506771717D120 wrote: I think Musgrove has the pitches to be a good starter.   Because of what he's able to throw that I have seen, its a possibility.  He can control both left and right handed batters with what he's throwing. 

Why is it that a lot of franchises can develop young pitchers that have success, but Pittsburgh fans like you use the built in excuse that they are young?  It gets old.
---

Because when Pittsburgh gets a young pitcher developed like Gerritt Cole, they immediately trade/salary dump him away so they don't have to pay him.