Re: Game Thread - 8/24 - Braves @ Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

gileszee

Post by gileszee »

I will take the under (by a significant margin), when it comes to Pirates fans visiting Philly vs Philly fans visiting PNC.
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

So it didn't take long for Holderman to start acting like a Pirate pitcher. Dude has not looked good the last few outings.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

How'd we get that guy, anyway?
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Oh and all this 122.4 mph ball being hit crap. The team has officially become the Barnum & Bailey circus. These freak of natures can do amazing things, 20% of time (or less). Watch with amazement how the bearded man named JT can electrify you for 4 innings and make you cry just an inning later. See how top prospects can become ordinary in less than a season. Better yet, trade them to another circus and they will be come their best acts.
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Vogelbach trade.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I knew. Just sayin'. Don't have much offense? Trace the steps backwards.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

2F21242D3B322D2D480 wrote: Oh and all this 122.4 mph ball being hit crap.  The team has officially become the Barnum & Bailey circus.  These freak of natures can do amazing things, 20% of time (or less).  Watch with amazement how the bearded man named JT can electrify you for 4 innings and make you cry just an inning later.  See how top prospects can become ordinary in less than a season.  Better yet, trade them to another circus and they will be come their best acts.

Even better?  Trade guys to first place clubs who need them.  They can't help to improve a last place club like ours. @@@
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

555B5E5741485757320 wrote: Oh and all this 122.4 mph ball being hit crap.  The team has officially become the Barnum & Bailey circus.  These freak of natures can do amazing things, 20% of time (or less).  Watch with amazement how the bearded man named JT can electrify you for 4 innings and make you cry just an inning later.  See how top prospects can become ordinary in less than a season.  Better yet, trade them to another circus and they will be come their best acts.
This is a novel idea but it seems to me he needs to hit a happy medium maybe cut down on your swing and try and make more contact. He's batting right at .198 so I don't care how hard he's hitting the ball just put the ball in play say maybe 50% of the time maybe at 105 mph that should raise his average and HRS.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

After his last two starts, I can foresee them shutting down Keller in the near future, as his velocity is dropping.

I'm guessing with the callups, Yajure is the most stretched out but not doing well at AAA; Oviedo has been doing well but he's getting built up in his starts, the longest outing just 2.2 innings.

Yajure's failure to be able to pitch for the Pirates is an exceptionally underrated failure for the team this season. In ST, he was purported to be the most impressive pitcher, and was thought to be a solid member of the rotation.

Had he even pitched to a 4-4.50 ERA, along with Contreras, would have made the Taillon trade a flat out steal.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I guess the Pirates were glad to get home after a 2-8 road trip.

Then they went 2-7 on their home stand. They are now 7-22 in their last 29 games.