Nutting Please Take Note

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Nutting Please Take Note

Post by GreenWeenie »

While we bang on him, Puljos with the Angels was still better than quite a few guys who have passed through our tunnels. It's the money more than anything, yet again.
Surgnbuck

Nutting Please Take Note

Post by Surgnbuck »

19353D3A3116213727540 wrote: Surgebuck ---  While I will acknowledge your assessment of Pujols never living up to his contract, Polanco similarly has never lived up to his more modest contract.  Also, who cares if the Bucs are losing a year of control (an option) on Polanco.  Polanco has no value, and should no longer be on the field in Pittaburgh unless he miraculously restores some health in his shoulder.   
Ok nit getting you here. The year of control comment relates to someone that the angels might have been waiting to bring up. I didnt say anything regarding keeping polanco on the field either. I was simply pointing out the analogy was incorrect. But hey party on.
Surgnbuck

Nutting Please Take Note

Post by Surgnbuck »

0B3E2929221B29292225294C0 wrote: He's worth what someone's willing to pay. That was the going rate to put his name on the marquee.  Nice gig while it lasted.
You're exceptionally obtuse. That contract is directly related regardless of what the angels say to three GM losing their jobs. But thank you for your always canned answers.
GreenWeenie

Nutting Please Take Note

Post by GreenWeenie »

Back to the OP's point, I agree what we should have cut bait on Polanco long ago, and it has nothing to do with what any other team did with any player.  I remember when a few homeboys tried to convince me that Polanco was one-third of The Best Outfield in Baseball.  That's because he road the coat tail of your man, Andrew McCutchen.  Once he was gone, Polanco's fauls were exposed for ---some--- to finally see.

As for what the Angels were more than willing to pay Puljos, do you think that Albert should have said 'thanks, but no thanks' to it?  Come on.  No player is going to say, "Gee, thanks, but my wife doesn't think I'm worth all that much."  Only certain girls HS BB coaches' wives say that.  (Kidding)

The owner out threre paid for the shiny car.  Didn't turn out to be a Ferrari.  But, the day he took it out of the showroom, he liked it enough to pay the price.  So, what's he do?  Gets different  mechanics.  That's what filthy rich guys do in California- after they're done tearing down oerfectly good mansions and building new ones. I highly doubt that the guy was looking for the best bang for his buck.  He wanted the gem that 29 other guys wouldn't pay for.

Then, he learned why not.

Happens every year.

rucker59@gmail.com

Nutting Please Take Note

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

79555D5A5176415747340 wrote: The Angels just designated Albert Pujhols (and his $30 mil contract) for assignment.   ......

Dumpster diving at the Ritz.
GreenWeenie

Nutting Please Take Note

Post by GreenWeenie »

:))
rucker59@gmail.com

Nutting Please Take Note

I remember when Gregory hit his first HR. At that moment the Pirates looked to have a Championship type future.

Baseball is an interesting time capsule. Most things in life you figure out pretty quickly whether you invested wisely or not. But baseball we wait for the next season every season. The rules of insanity don’t apply if you don’t care. If you care too much it will make you insane. At least if your a Pirate fan.

:-/

Barkeep - bring me another
GreenWeenie

Nutting Please Take Note

Post by GreenWeenie »

Being a Buc's fan hasn't made me insane. I was born insane. It just helps to keep me this way. ;)))

Watch out. Shed's gonna hit you up for a drink. Lunch, too. :)
rucker59@gmail.com

Nutting Please Take Note

6F5A4D4D467F4D4D46414D280 wrote: Being a Buc's fan hasn't made me insane.  I was born insane.  It just helps to keep me this way.  ;)))

Watch out.  Shed's gonna hit you up for a drink.  Lunch, too.  :)

Sorry, I’m on credit now, nothing but lint in my deep pockets. It wasn’t always this way. Bad mistake at the pool table in Club 3000.

It would all be different if Possum was sitting in the owner’s box. Almost, so close. but Bob dropped the pen out of the skybox and suddenly got cold feet. Dreams get shattered. Then you grow up.

But what the heck, i’ve got another card here somewhere...barkeep, another round for the house!

[smiley=beer.gif]
rucker59@gmail.com

Nutting Please Take Note

153931363D1A2D3B2B580 wrote: The Angels just designated Albert Pujhols (and his $30 mil contract) for assignment.   Albert was one of the most feared hitters I ever saw play when he was with the Cardinals.  While his prowess clearly has diminished in the past several years, the Angels have decided to tell a likely future Hall of Famer that his services are no longer necessary.

Polanco never was and never will be the force that Pujhols was on the field.   Management for the Angels decided it was time to bid Mr. Pujhols good-bye.  Mr. Nutting, please allow BC to do the same with Polanco.  Whjle it has been said that the players on the team love Polanco, it is sad (and more importantly unforgivable) to play someone in RF who cannot make a throw to a cut-off man.  Pittsburgh fans deserve better.      

Before I break anymore rules...

I actually have something semi-constructive to the thread. I may be the only person, but I prefer Polanco in The lineup IF he can throw the ball. If he can’t, he indeed needs to be released. Otherwise, I’d rather have Polanco then the band of misfit toys that the Pirates have been plugging into the 3rd outfielder.

Unless Polanco is actually blocking some Serious prospect at AAA....