5/5 vs Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

5/5 vs Brewers

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Add to the list of concerns: Tallion.  Not the proformance expected of him.

I realize he only gave up 1 run. But he only pitches 5 innings and had a lot of case runners.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/5 vs Brewers

59525A565352490C0A7D445C555252135E523D0 wrote: Add to the list of concerns: Tallion.  Not the proformance expected of him.

One earned run?

Only 5 innings. Too many base runners. Pens lost. I’m in a bad mood.

Need Tallion to be a stud. I think he will be. But he’s not been very good for 3 starts.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/5 vs Brewers

163031263020530 wrote: That had to be one of the WORSE pitching sequences I’ve ever seen: Kontos looked like he was pitching batting practice for Braun.  Of course Braun knocks in two runs.  Only T-Ball would have been easier.  Just dish this game up to Braun for the Brewers win (unless Pirates can score 2 or more in the 9th).

>:(

Kontos is the veteran in the bullpen too. At least Taillon did pretty well.

I’m probably too frustrated over the Pens, but Tallion was not very good imho.  Or put it this way: we need the “ace of the staff” to go beyond 5 innings and give up, I believe, 8 baserunners. He didn’t blow the game, I’m not implying that, I’m saying I’m disappointed in his performance. 

As I type this Paul Alexander and Josh Wilson telling me that Tallion actually pitched a good game. “Hey Paul, hey Josh - you guys are wrong.  Trust me.”

>:( :-/

Bad night in the burg.....
INbuc

5/5 vs Brewers

Post by INbuc »

28212938364C0 wrote: This offense is pitiful.   Such a weak lineup

I don't disagree with your sentiment. But did you realize we started the night 5th in the MLB in team batting average (.255) and 8th in runs scored? That includes the American League.

It feels like we are 5th in average and 8th in runs scored in the NL Central.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/5 vs Brewers

On post game:

Josh Wilson in tonight.

The Fort not. DFA?
dmetz

5/5 vs Brewers

Post by dmetz »

6D6A465147240 wrote: This offense is pitiful.   Such a weak lineup

I don't disagree with your sentiment.  But did you realize we started the night 5th in the MLB in team batting average (.255) and 8th in runs scored?  That includes the American League.

It feels like we are 5th in average and 8th in runs scored in the NL Central.

I'm aware of the overall team numbers.  Our team offensive numbers are buoyed by the hottest start in baseball.   We've been steadily sliding down since that start.

We have a cleanup hitter with a sub .650 OPS, and a leadoff hitter with a sub .600.   mercer can't hit the ball out of the infield.   The batting order is swiss cheese.

Those overall team numbers were tops in baseball a few weeks ago, and won't hold up with these feeble offensive showings.    In a few weeks, the team numbers will be lower even, as our offense works it's way to the bottom 5
CarolinaBucco

5/5 vs Brewers

Post by CarolinaBucco »

If we're going to have a chance to stay above .500 long-term, to hang around the wild-card race, then we HAVE to have a No. 1 starter ... a guy that when he goes to the mound we're pretty sure that we're going to win. Knowing that every 5th day we're probably getting a W.

We don't have that guy.

I was hoping it would be Taillon.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

5/5 vs Brewers

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Taillon's ERA in this game was 1.80. I don't get how some think that was a bad outing?

People get caught up in the rotation slitting numbers. The top four guys pretty much get the same amount of starts.
JollyRoger

5/5 vs Brewers

Post by JollyRoger »

Kontos does not have the sharp breaking slider he demonstrated last year. He has been throwing choice USDA meat right down the middle of the plate. He should not be the 8th inning guy in a close game
DemDog

5/5 vs Brewers

Post by DemDog »

6364727A7463242851767C70787D3F727E7C110 wrote: That had to be one of the WORSE pitching sequences I’ve ever seen: Kontos looked like he was pitching batting practice for Braun.  Of course Braun knocks in two runs.  Only T-Ball would have been easier.  Just dish this game up to Braun for the Brewers win (unless Pirates can score 2 or more in the 9th).

>:(

Kontos is the veteran in the bullpen too. At least Taillon did pretty well.

I’m probably too frustrated over the Pens, but Tallion was not very good imho.  Or put it this way: we need the “ace of the staff” to go beyond 5 innings and give up, I believe, 8 baserunners. He didn’t blow the game, I’m not implying that, I’m saying I’m disappointed in his performance. 

As I type this Paul Alexander and Josh Wilson telling me that Tallion actually pitched a good game. “Hey Paul, hey Josh - you guys are wrong.  Trust me.”

>:( :-/

Bad night in the burg.....

Tallion is gonna be ok my friend. Yes, this was not one of his best games but he did keep the game close. This is what "Aces" have to do for a team. It was the lack of hitting on the Bucs part coupled with some not so good BP work that cost us this game. So cheer up my friend and move on to today's game.