Will the Bucs Use Options to Settle the Log Jam at Pitcher?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

79584D447C455E4D58492C0 wrote: I don't expect Holmes to make it. Feliz and Stratton are on thin ice.

I have no particular affinity for Holmes and your prediction is very likely to come true.  However, I was really surprised at the incredible movement I saw on Holmes pitches last year....so much movement that he appeared to struggle harnessing it.   

I am hoping Holmes, like all the players, can benefit from a new coaching staff, and maximize their talents.  His chances are about up.

https://rumbunter.com/2019/12/21/pittsb ... ay-holmes/

Well, Holmes has a fractured foot, and he won't be ready until April, at the earliest. Seems like there's a spot now for Edgar Santana or Rich Rodriguez.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7E545F6F584E4E422D0 wrote: I don't expect Holmes to make it. Feliz and Stratton are on thin ice.

I have no particular affinity for Holmes and your prediction is very likely to come true.  However, I was really surprised at the incredible movement I saw on Holmes pitches last year....so much movement that he appeared to struggle harnessing it.   

I am hoping Holmes, like all the players, can benefit from a new coaching staff, and maximize their talents.  His chances are about up.

Well, Holmes has a fractured foot, and he won't be ready until April, at the earliest. Seems like there's a spot now for Edgar Santana or Rich Rodriguez.
Holmes is out of options and has never demonstrated that he is major league ready but would likely make the opening day roster if not injured, rather than trying to sneak him through waivers to return to AAA. The injury affords them the chance to retain him on the DL and then give him more time in AAA technically on a rehab before activating him. This could be a make or break year for him as he will be 27 shortly and still hasn't established himself as an effective MLB pitcher, and can't get more AAA time (other than rehab) without being waived.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

624F42535445521211200 wrote: I don't expect Holmes to make it. Feliz and Stratton are on thin ice.

Holmes is out of options and has never demonstrated that he is major league ready but would likely make the opening day roster if not injured, rather than trying to sneak him through waivers to return to AAA. The injury affords them the chance to retain him on the DL and then give him more time in AAA technically on a rehab before activating him. This could be a make or break year for him as he will be 27 shortly and still hasn't established himself as an effective MLB pitcher, and can't get more AAA time (other than rehab) without being waived.

Agree, Bobster, this may actually be a break for Holmes in more ways than one. Don't know how long that can keep him down on the farm, but it seems like pitchers always get hurt, and I'm sure management will be clever enough to "heal" Holmes when he's needed.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It appears that Brault is now going to be shutdown for 2 weeks. Now that both Holmes and Brault are down, that should give some opportunities to pitchers who were probably on the bubble.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just a guess for the 8 bullpen guys as of today. Kela, Crick, Burdi, Erlin, Feliz, Santana, Rodriguez and Stratton.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

3834356E676E666B6C73695E0 wrote: Just a guess for the 8 bullpen guys as of today. Kela, Crick, Burdi, Erlin, Feliz, Santana, Rodriguez and Stratton.

this looks good to me, if any are hurt or falter, Neverauskas is most likely next.
JulianJay

Post by JulianJay »

kela, crick, burdi, weiman, santana, del pozo, kuhl, stratton

SP keller, holland, archer, trevor, joe

kuhl and stratton mixed
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

Edgar Santana was sent down to Indy today. Looks like the Bucs may be trying to keep Neverauskas, who is out of options.

Makes sense to option Santana, who had 3 left. They should keep their powder dry for another season.
shedman

Post by shedman »

684249794E5858543B0 wrote: Edgar Santana was sent down to Indy today. Looks like the Bucs may be trying to keep Neverauskas, who is out of options.

Makes sense to option Santana, who had 3 left. They should keep their powder dry for another season.
________

Santana will be here in 3 years while they are using Neverauskas league minimum years. Then they will get rid of Neverauskus and use Sanatana's league minimum years.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

312A27262F232C420 wrote: Edgar Santana was sent down to Indy today. Looks like the Bucs may be trying to keep Neverauskas, who is out of options.

________

Santana will be here in 3 years while they are using Neverauskas league minimum years.  Then they will get rid of Neverauskus and use Sanatana's league minimum years.
Neverauskas must have incriminating photos of someone.