Bucs @ ChiSox - Game Thread - 9/1

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

A 29-year-old with a .192 career BA. 

If we get outbid, so what?  Next.  We should be able find equal or better if we truly want to.  That's a question. 

He's been on two better clubs.  They didn't stick with him.

Make an offer.  If he accepts, cool.  If he declines, that's cool, too.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I just turned the game off the radio. Brownie and The Fort doing the game. I can't stand McKenry.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

012028012A22450 wrote: I just turned the game off the radio.  Brownie and The Fort doing the game.  I can't stand McKenry.

One of the few games I can watch in Iowa. The cubs get bla ked out but the White Sox TV package is on Hulu

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5A7B735A71791E0 wrote: I just turned the game off the radio.  Brownie and The Fort doing the game.  I can't stand McKenry.

I think that's the worst combination.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

2B2C3A323C2B6C60193E34383035773A3634590 wrote: If Tsutsugo has a good September he may find a fat contract awaiting him. I hope he does and I'll  enjoy him while I can. He'd  be out of the Bucs price range.
Yes, sadly the only way the Pirates are likely to retain him next year is if he's so bad in September that he doesn't get good offers from better teams. It almost defeats the purpose of signing him this year if he's not going to be with them next year. Or if the only way he can be with them next year is to be bad enough that no one else wants him.   :(

Seriously?  You guys think two good months in PGH is going to net him a contract out of the Pirates range?  If you’re right I’m very disappointed.  Frankly, I don’t know if Ben is even interested in him, but I never dreamed tge Pirates would not be able to afford him if they do have an interest. 

Yep. Anything over league minimum would be out of their range!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

3730262E2037707C052228242C296B262A28450 wrote:

Seriously?  You guys think two good months in PGH is going to net him a contract out of the Pirates range?  If you’re right I’m very disappointed.  Frankly, I don’t know if Ben is even interested in him, but I never dreamed tge Pirates would not be able to afford him if they do have an interest. 

I should clarify. What he would be offered would be way more than what the Pirates would probably be wanting to pay, simply because I don't think he's a long term thought anyhow. If he does well and they find a way to keep him, great. But what we're talking about is a reverse Bautista situation, where we benefit after other teams gave up on him. And even then it was a couple  years before he would become Joey Bats. 
shedman

Post by shedman »

Kranick edges into the lead for GOG.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

And thar she blows....a three run HR. With 2 outs.

It's like watching the worst movie in your collection over and over and over again.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Well, we never know how the lad will turn out. But I honestly don't see anything Kranick throws that would make me think he'll have any sort of success as a starter in MLB. Does anyone else? Honestly, from what I've seen, I'm not even sure how he had any sort of success in the minors. He's not overpowering, I don't see any kind of awesome breaking pitch or any kind of pitch with a lot of movement.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Sheets' father Larry played for the Orioles in the 1980s. He still owns an indoor batting cage facility in Maryland. I used to go there a lot and took a batting lesson from him. He hosted a winter indoor baseball league one year that was a lot of fun.