A’s@Pirates Game Thread 5/5...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

Until he got called up, I had completely forgotten we had Lyons down on the farm. He was reliable not too long ago. Here's hoping...
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates deserve to lose this game the offense has to do more then get one stinkin run on a sac fly in the 1st inning. Just a pathetic performance today across the board from the bats. You gotta pick the pitching up when it’s this good if you’re the Pirates offense.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Holy @*@“$*@! Starling Freaking Marte!!!!
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Wow! Man, I love this game!
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Wow...that was a pleasant surprise.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

We had 'em all the way!
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Marte makes us a much better team.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

See all the Pirates needed was for me to lay into them before the bottom of the 13th inning and they scored 4 runs . Great job by Tucker to get it going with a one out hit and then a nice long at bat by Kang to draw a walk before the hit by Frazier and then the walk off homer by Marte. Good for the Bucs to go 4-1 this week and get back over .500 after losing 8 in a row . Need to win these next two at home against the Rangers as well.
Buccos1313

Post by Buccos1313 »

0B363B3C2B2D366B6861590 wrote: Marte makes us a much better team.
The Pirates are now 15-6 when Marte is in the starting lineup this season. They are just 1-9 when he is not.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I loved Marte jumping all over that first pitch fastball. Rodney grooved one middle in to him, right in his wheel house. Of course, if he doesn’t square it up and hits a one hopper to short for a 6-4-3 game ending DP, I’m jumping on him for not being patient. But, still, he knew what pitch he was looking for, he got it, and he hammered it.

I knew that was gone as soon as he made contact. Marte has crazy power, honestly. No reason he shouldn’t hit 30 bombs a year. When he connect with one, the ball just explodes off his bat.