Marte Rumors

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Marte Rumors

Post by SCBucco »

Mets fans are upset at the possibility of Nimmo coming in a deal for Marte. I don't get it. That dude wishes he could be half of Marte. I hope Nimmo isn't the main piece.

We have the worst catchers on this planet and nothing in the system. I prefer Alvarez to Sanchez for the main reason, one can hit a lot better than the other. Everyone we have or have signed seem to be the defense first, no hit guy. Peterson is the other piece. Would love JD Davis, but that isn't happening.
NewMexicoLobo

Marte Rumors

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

352E23222B2728460 wrote:

---

Thus, I will commend Cherington for each and every major league ballplayer he brings in(I have already commended him for Hechevarria)

Sorry, that was Huntington.
fjk090852-7

Marte Rumors

Post by fjk090852-7 »

A question to think about regarding a Marte to Mets trade. Let’s propose the Mets give the Bucs a catcher and pitcher who are both top prospects in their organization, but in order to make the trade the Bucs must take Cespedes and his revised contract for 2020. I think his contract has several incentives, but if he makes the Opening Day roster he is guaranteed 11 million dollars which is almost a wash when compared to Marte’s contract. Do you make that trade ?
SCBucco

Marte Rumors

Post by SCBucco »

414D4C171E171F12150A10270 wrote: I wonder if the Bucs would consider Dominic Smith as one of the Mets players if a trade was completed.

If you consider Dom Smith, you are considering trading Bell. At some point, they should since he won't resign here. I'd be tempted to trade him now. Not convinced his return will get any better.
SCBucco

Marte Rumors

Post by SCBucco »

3A36376C656C64696E716B5C0 wrote: A question to think about regarding a Marte to Mets trade. Let’s propose the Mets give the Bucs a catcher and pitcher who are both top prospects in their organization, but in order to make the trade the Bucs must take Cespedes and his revised contract for 2020. I think his contract has several incentives, but if he makes the Opening Day roster he is guaranteed 11 million dollars which is almost a wash when compared to Marte’s contract. Do you make that trade ?

No. Marte is worth Alvarez and Peterson right now. Why take deal money in Cespedes? If so, they add JD Davis to the deal.
shedman

Marte Rumors

Post by shedman »

737F7E252C252D20273822150 wrote: A question to think about regarding a Marte to Mets trade. Let’s propose the Mets give the Bucs a catcher and pitcher who are both top prospects in their organization, but in order to make the trade the Bucs must take Cespedes and his revised contract for 2020. I think his contract has several incentives, but if he makes the Opening Day roster he is guaranteed 11 million dollars which is almost a wash when compared to Marte’s contract. Do you make that trade ?
----

Absolutely. Great trade.
DemDog

Marte Rumors

Post by DemDog »

514A47464F434C220 wrote: A question to think about regarding a Marte to Mets trade. Let’s propose the Mets give the Bucs a catcher and pitcher who are both top prospects in their organization, but in order to make the trade the Bucs must take Cespedes and his revised contract for 2020. I think his contract has several incentives, but if he makes the Opening Day roster he is guaranteed 11 million dollars which is almost a wash when compared to Marte’s contract. Do you make that trade ?
----

Absolutely.  Great trade.

This sounds like a reverse Liriano deal the Bucs made with the Jays. Could BC actually talk BLB to suck it up and each more payroll money?
PMike

Marte Rumors

Post by PMike »

65444C654E46210 wrote: A question to think about regarding a Marte to Mets trade. Let’s propose the Mets give the Bucs a catcher and pitcher who are both top prospects in their organization, but in order to make the trade the Bucs must take Cespedes and his revised contract for 2020. I think his contract has several incentives, but if he makes the Opening Day roster he is guaranteed 11 million dollars which is almost a wash when compared to Marte’s contract. Do you make that trade ?
----

Absolutely.  Great trade.

This sounds like a reverse Liriano deal the Bucs made with the Jays.  Could BC actually talk BLB to suck it up and each more payroll money?

I think there is a ton of room in payroll that the Pirates could easily do this. In fact, this would be an interesting approach to use with other teams. Would anyone else want to give prospects and a $10-15 million dollar albatross contract. That would be money well spent for the Pirates over the next year or two.
SammyKhalifa

Marte Rumors

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5469777A757F74567E69787E7F1B0 wrote: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2020-zips-p ... ta-braves/

They should pursue Marte.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-27-pros ... ta-braves/

. . . it’s important to judge a player based on what they actually do rather than what you hoped they’d do. Don’t change Wins Above Replacement to Wins Under Expectations.

^^^I love this.