Cora Fired

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Cora Fired

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

446964757263743437060 wrote: If he was the mastermind behind the plan, he should probably be treated like the others. He isn't a player anymore, so his new team isn't being hurt in that sense. He's a manager. Two other managers have already gone. If they get axed, and he is actually involved, he shouldn't get more favorable treatment.

I don't disagree, and I do think the Mets will feel some pressure to fire him.  But his actions came as a player so there is a difference between him, Hinch, and Cora.  I don't know if the union would come to his defense because of his present position but, if they do, then I guess it comes down to whether or not the Mets want to fight that fight.
I think tbhe Mets will invite too much bad PR if they don't fire Beltran while Hinch, Luhnow and Cora were all fired. It would just look very bad and everyone will be closely watching the Mets if they don't. I don't believe managers are part of the union so that would probably not become an issue.

That how I feel regarding the Mets PR situation. It's probably best if they just bite the bullet, and do it quickly. The longer they wait, the more criticism will come their way.
SammyKhalifa

Cora Fired

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Report: Beltran steps down as Mets manager

Carlos Beltran is stepping down as manager of the New York Mets before he even takes the field, according to multiple reports. The longtime outfielder and 42-year-old first-time manager had been the only player named in Major League Baseball’s report on its investigation into the 2017 Houston Astros’ sign-stealing scandal that was released on Monday.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Cora Fired

04363A3A2E1C3F363B3E3136570 wrote: Report: Beltran steps down as Mets manager

Carlos Beltran is stepping down as manager of the New York Mets before he even takes the field, according to multiple reports. The longtime outfielder and 42-year-old first-time manager had been the only player named in Major League Baseball’s report on its investigation into the 2017 Houston Astros’ sign-stealing scandal that was released on Monday.

Well, that settles that.
UtahPirate

Cora Fired

Post by UtahPirate »

All this is starting to look pretty bad:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/166 ... ir-jerseys

Say it ain't so Joe(se)!
fjk090852-7

Cora Fired

Post by fjk090852-7 »

1B3A2F261E273C2F3A2B4E0 wrote: All this is starting to look pretty bad:

Say it ain't so Joe(se)!
This cheating matter is beginning to be very ugly. The Bucs bench coach is Don Kelly who was the Astros first base coach in 2019. Was he aware of the Astros cheating methods? No wonder the Astros won over 100 games the past three seasons.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Cora Fired

0120353C043D26352031540 wrote: All this is starting to look pretty bad:

Say it ain't so Joe(se)!

If that story is true, then Altuve and Bregman, and any other players found to have done the same thing, should be suspended for one year as a minimum penalty. And the Astros, as an organization, also need to suffer greater consequences than what they've already received. This is not what fans expect from the players and the game. This has to be addressed very seriously, much like what Landis did when the White Sox threw the Series in '19.
Ecbucs

Cora Fired

Post by Ecbucs »

1B4D5B4F405A4A414C5B694E44484045074A290 wrote: All this is starting to look pretty bad:

Say it ain't so Joe(se)!

If that story is true, then Altuve and Bregman, and any other players found to have done the same thing, should be suspended for one year as a minimum penalty.  And the Astros, as an organization, also need to suffer greater consequences than what they've already received.  This is not what fans expect from the players and the game.  This has to be addressed very seriously, much like what Landis did when the White Sox threw the Series in '19.

I agree with this, buzzer system is beyond the pale and to me supersizes this scandal.

SammyKhalifa

Cora Fired

Post by SammyKhalifa »

1E38392E38285B0 wrote: All this is starting to look pretty bad:

Say it ain't so Joe(se)!

If that story is true, then Altuve and Bregman, and any other players found to have done the same thing, should be suspended for one year as a minimum penalty.  And the Astros, as an organization, also need to suffer greater consequences than what they've already received.  This is not what fans expect from the players and the game.  This has to be addressed very seriously, much like what Landis did when the White Sox threw the Series in '19.

I agree with this, buzzer system is beyond the pale and to me supersizes this scandal.

On the bright side, maybe MLB could use them as consultants to improve the electronic strike zone system's times in sending "Ball/Strike" to the umpires.  :(