Pirates vs Brewers 5/30

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Pirates vs Brewers 5/30

Post by Bobster21 »

0A2C2D3A2C3C4F0 wrote: Musgrove is a guy that simply can’t fail. They need his attitude and top of the rotiation results to lead this team.   If he’s in process of implosion there is very little hope. 

I think Musgrove is what he is.  He is better than Nova but not close to as good as Cole (or Taillon or Williams).

He will have more good games than bad games but he isn't a top pitcher.  NOt happy that McRae is first one of the bullpen.  He needs to be on a very short leash.

There's nothing to suggest Musgrove will be a top starter unless we ignore his inconsistency. He had an ok rookie year in 2016 with 10 starts (4.06 ERA). Houston had to remove him from the rotation in midseason in 2017 with an ERA of 6.12. He was excellent the 2nd half of that season in the BP. Then NH acquired him and anointed him a starter for 2018. He had a so-so start to the season, had a string of 5 strong starts from late July to mid August and then 4 out of 5 poor starts to close the season with an injury on September 17. This year he opened with a great April followed by a horrible May. For his career, he has as many bad starts as good ones and he can't be relied on because we never know which Musgrove we'll see from one game to the next. But he tends to either be in a hot streak for a series of games or a cold streak for a series of games. Just like with Archer, we can't be surprised at a poor start. On the contrary, we should probably expect little and be pleased whenever either Archer or Musgrove pitches well.
Ecbucs

Pirates vs Brewers 5/30

Post by Ecbucs »

when you leave McRae in the game you are basically conceding the game.
JollyRoger

Pirates vs Brewers 5/30

Post by JollyRoger »

This is not fun!
SteadyFreddy

Pirates vs Brewers 5/30

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I really hope the Pirates strongly are starting to consider trading Starling Marte. I really think it’s time they start to shop him around.