5/18 game thread vs SD--Meadows debut

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Frustrating loss tonight had so many stinkin chances to push an extra run or two across late and just couldn’t do it. Hopefully find a way to win the next 2 and take 3 out of 4 in this series.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Yep, just didn't get that timely hit we are used to.

I wish they would bunt more (or some). I also would have batted Cervelli over Rodriguez. Oh well, them tomorrow.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

0-6 with men in scoring position in the 7,8, and 9th.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

To be fair, SD has a very good bullpen. On a normal night, Mercer's blast was probably a three run homer, and Meadows' long fly out might have gotten out on another night. This was probably the least favorable pitching matchup in this series. It’s tough to sweep a four game series...I don’t care who you’re playing. If they take the next two, I’ll be plenty happy.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

151D1E293F1A3D325C0 wrote: To be fair, SD has a very good bullpen. On a normal night, Mercer's blast was probably a three run homer, and Meadows' long fly out might have gotten out on another night. This was probably the least favorable pitching matchup in this series. It’s tough to sweep a four game series...I don’t care who you’re playing. If they take the next two, I’ll be plenty happy.

The wind definitely impacted the game. Dickerson made an absolute circus catch on a ball he was running around under. A couple of Pirate would have had HRs under normal conditions, including, I believe, Austin Meadows.

Meadows looked good. We need him to develop into the star he's been projected as.

If Nova doesn't drop the toss from Bell at 1st, maybe there are no runs scored in the 4th!!

A very disappointing loss; so many opportunities. It's especially bad because the Cubs, Cardinals, and Crew all won....
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

7A7271465075525D330 wrote: To be fair, SD has a very good bullpen. On a normal night, Mercer's blast was probably a three run homer, and Meadows' long fly out might have gotten out on another night. This was probably the least favorable pitching matchup in this series. It’s tough to sweep a four game series...I don’t care who you’re playing. If they take the next two, I’ll be plenty happy. Yea nobody really expected a 4 game sweep. That is hard to do against any team as you mentioned IA no matter how bad they are. But I am banking on the Pirates winning these next 2 games against the Padres and taking 3 out of 4 in this series. They have the favorable pitching matchups the next 2 games and anything less then 3 out of 4 at home in this series would be extremely dissapomting.