Bucs Discussing Contract With Difo

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

072C2D28282D2A173025302D2B2A440 wrote: Never even heard of him . :-[

had you heard of Erik Gonzalez before the Pirates traded to get him?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Difo was a decent utility guy for Nats. In 2018 he was their usual starter at 2B. Hit a lot better as a reserve when he didn't play as often. Can play 2B, 3B, SS and all OF spots. He's a decent utility guy. Just seems odd that if you're only going to address one area on the team, it would be that one.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

4C616C7D7A6B7C3C3F0E0 wrote: Difo was a decent utility guy for Nats. In 2018 he was their usual starter at 2B. Hit a lot better as a reserve when he didn't play as often. Can play 2B, 3B, SS and all OF spots. He's a decent utility guy. Just seems odd that if you're only going to address one area on the team, it would be that one.   

Sounds like he is a JHay clone!
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

They forgot to clone the All Star version.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

04252D042F27400 wrote: Difo was a decent utility guy for Nats. In 2018 he was their usual starter at 2B. Hit a lot better as a reserve when he didn't play as often. Can play 2B, 3B, SS and all OF spots. He's a decent utility guy. Just seems odd that if you're only going to address one area on the team, it would be that one.   

In terms of versatility, yes. But I don't think Difo can provide the offense that JHay provided in his peak years.
BenM

Post by BenM »

547974656273642427160 wrote: Difo was a decent utility guy for Nats. In 2018 he was their usual starter at 2B. Hit a lot better as a reserve when he didn't play as often. Can play 2B, 3B, SS and all OF spots. He's a decent utility guy. Just seems odd that if you're only going to address one area on the team, it would be that one.   

In terms of versatility, yes. But I don't think Difo can provide the offense that JHay provided in his peak years.

And there's no way he could duplicate J Hay's infectious enthusiasm.

I miss that.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

6C4B40632E0 wrote: Difo was a decent utility guy for Nats. In 2018 he was their usual starter at 2B. Hit a lot better as a reserve when he didn't play as often. Can play 2B, 3B, SS and all OF spots. He's a decent utility guy. Just seems odd that if you're only going to address one area on the team, it would be that one.   

And there's no way he could duplicate J Hay's infectious enthusiasm.

I miss that.

Don't forget, BC is now in 2nd phase of evaluation mode.  He needs to see if he can find a JHay clone.   ;D
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Can he find a Ron Burkle clone?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

724750505B6250505B5C50350 wrote: Can he find a Ron Burkle clone?

Burkle is too smart to become a partner with BOB. Burkle should have given BC and Travis Williams some smarts to steer clear of BOB.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6C4D456C474F280 wrote: Can he find a Ron Burkle clone?

Burkle is too smart to become a partner with BOB.  Burkle should have given BC and Travis Williams some smarts to steer clear of BOB. 

I would be leery of anyone who wants to become partners with Bob