Bases loaded for a guy hitting .067.
shedman

Official Game Thread 7/6/2021 Braves vs. Pirates

Post by shedman »

Oliva looks over matched.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

362D202128242B450 wrote: Oliva looks over matched.
Oliva was overmatched in AAA (.167). Only the pirates would subject him to MLB pitching.
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Oliva has a real long neck . :-? Not ready for the show.

Mason Martin on Fire !!!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Wow, I'm now a Freddie Freeman fan. What a classy move to stop the game and give his batting gloves to the little girl when he thought she got hurt on a foul ball. Outstanding!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

795459484F5E49090A3B0 wrote: Wow, I'm now a Freddie Freeman fan. What a classy move to stop the game and give his batting gloves to the little girl when he thought she got hurt on a foul ball. Outstanding!
Bases loaded no outs- bottom of the ninth score tied 1-1 Lets go Bucs! Reynolds up

WALK - RAISE IT
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Robbie sets new lows with every cringe worthy interview. "How does it feel to have a walk-off walk?" "Take us through that at bat, pitch by pitch."

Robbie obviously knows nothing about baseball and is totally clueless about what to ask a baseball player about a baseball game. He is an embarrassment to the broadcast.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6E434E5F58495E1E1D2C0 wrote: Robbie sets new lows with every cringe worthy interview. "How does it feel to have a walk-off walk?" "Take us through that at bat, pitch by pitch."
Your right Bobster- very classy move by Freeman

Three in a row for the bucs!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Just got back from PNC Park. While Kuhl pitched a terrific game, if I were a Pirates everyday starting player, I'd call in sick on the days he was scheduled to pitch. He's absolutely insufferable. He takes forever to throw a pitch. The players behind him need to grab him by the neck and tell him he needs to work faster. There were times when I thought both Frazier and Nogowski were going to fall asleep on their feet waiting for him.

And it's time for home plate umpires to start charging hitters with strikes when they take too long to get to the plate. At one point, to start an inning, I saw the umpire signal to Perez to start walking to the plate because the pitcher had one more warm-up pitch to make. Perez ignored him and never moved from the on deck circle. He waited there until his walk-up music started and then slowly made his way to the batters box, milking it for all it was worth. Once arriving he stood outside it, readjusted his batting gloves, tapped his spikes, looked around, and then finally decided it was time to permit the game to begin again. These guys have taken all the fun out of going to games.