Official Game Thread 7/9/2023 Bucs vs. Serpientes

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

517770656C60776169020 wrote: They like to talk about Hedges' defense being worth runs. So far, it's worth 1 run. For AZ.
I was just going to comment on that. Plus even though it was a bad throw, Gonzalez has to come off the bag and keep that ball from going into CF

Quite frankly, Gonzales has looked horrible in every aspect of the game in this series in Arizona
I beg to differ.
What part of his game are you enamored with in this Arizona series? He cost the Pirates the game yesterday by playing with his head in his ass. You will say that Bednar made a bad throw which I agree that he did. But if NG has hustled to 1B in the first place he would have had time to set his foot and make the play.Secondly he again brain farted by not covering first base when Santana dove to his right to glove a ground ball. Finally his at bats in this series make Suwinski look like a contact hitter. I like NG and thought he had a good series in LA. This series in Arizona, I’m just calling it as I see it, and I see that he needs to be more focused.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Right now there is Choi in Mudville
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

15303333260D30383A2D5F0 wrote: They like to talk about Hedges' defense being worth runs. So far, it's worth 1 run. For AZ.
I was just going to comment on that. Plus even though it was a bad throw, Gonzalez has to come off the bag and keep that ball from going into CF

Quite frankly, Gonzales has looked horrible in every aspect of the game in this series in Arizona
I beg to differ.
What part of his game are you enamored with in this Arizona series? He cost the Pirates the game yesterday by playing with his head in his ass. You will say that Bednar made a bad throw which I agree that he did. But if NG has hustled to 1B in the first place he would have had time to set his foot and make the play.Secondly he again brain farted by not covering first base when Santana dove to his right to glove a ground ball. Finally his at bats in this series make Suwinski look like a contact hitter. I like NG and thought he had a good series in LA. This series in Arizona, I’m just calling it as I see it, and I see that he needs to be more focused.
Nice for you to continue to be spoon fed by Pirates announcers...where do you get off saying "he didn't hustle"? It was all Bednar's fault, it was a horrific throw. The play with Santana? He was getting ready to field the ball. Bednar didn't cover, Santana just happened to dive in front of him.

Watch the whole field, and don't be driven by the announcers. If I wanted to hear Block announce the play incorrectly again, I'd listen to the replay, I don't need to read it verbatim on the game threads.

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I’m learning that following the play-by-play on Gameday is not reliable. There was no reporting that the D’Backs scored in the first inning but I now see they did.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Alec Thomas with his second game-tying HR in two days.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

I hope that Borucki will be gone after the break!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6E50555D4E56565D7D584F5C0B390 wrote: I hope that Borucki will be gone after the break!
Gosh almighty- he grooved that pitch to the lefty right down

the middle
2drfischer@gmail.c

Game tied 2 apiece, top of 4th, Santana to start things.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Santana and Choi both ground out.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Triolo flies out. Still tied at two.