Pirates vs Rockies - 5/21 - Game Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I have no faith that Archer will be anything more tonight than the mediocre pitcher he's been for them so far and was for TB for 2+ years before trading him.
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

24 pitch 1st inning...here we go again.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

41 pitches in 2 innings for Archer and more bad baseball by Cervelli as well. I’m getting tired of Cervelli he has just been awful this season. Diaz needs to be the starting catcher moving forward.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Bell shockingly makes an accurate throw home to force a rundown and Cervelli throws the ball into the runner's helmet.

And this gem from Joe (Capt. Obvious) Block, "That's why you stay in a rundown. I mean uh, uh, if it doesn't go right, you might still be safe." Wow, imagine that. If the rundown doesn't go right, you might be safe. I'm learning so much about baseball from Block.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

You might not see a worse defensive play from an MLB team all year.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I’ll say one thing about Marquez, he doesn’t waste any time. He just gets the ball and throws it.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

These starts by Chris Archer are just unacceptable. The Pirates gave up way too much for this guy for him to go out every 5th day and not even pitch 4 or 5 innings. That is where this start is heading tonight so far. He better figure out what’s going on and figure it out fast because it’s just not good enough.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

He is at 52 pitches and there is only 1 out in the third inning. I still feel he should be permitted to throw between 115-120 pitches. At a limit of 100 pitches he won’t make it through the sixth inning.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I guess Marquez is good.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1B3C2D292C310E3A2D2C2C31480 wrote: These starts by Chris Archer are just unacceptable. The Pirates gave up way too much for this guy for him to go out every 5th day and not even pitch 4 or 5 innings. That is where this start is heading tonight so far. He better figure out what’s going on and figure it out fast because it’s just not good enough.
But this is the Archer they traded for. He hasn't been good since 2015. He won't get better just because of the names that were traded for him. He is what he is. NH should have based his offer on Archer's production; not his name recognition. Archer was on the trade block a long time before TB got an offer they couldn't refuse. It seems pretty obvious why they weren't getting blown away with other offers. They finally found a GM who would trade for Archer based on his name recognition and not for his mediocre performance the past 3 years.