Rumor Pirates and Yankees

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BellevueBuc

Post by BellevueBuc »

1B363B2A2D3C2B6B68590 wrote: If they move Bell, Moran can play 1B. I'm sure the idea of moving Bell didn't just pop up. They wouldn't have exposed Craig to waivers if he was their backup plan for 1B.

They exposed Craig because they knew he was not good and no one would waste a roster spot on a 1B that cant hit. If anyone knew he progressed it would be the Pirates, who did not care if he was gone.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1D3A33333A292A3A1D2A3C5F0 wrote: If they move Bell, Moran can play 1B. I'm sure the idea of moving Bell didn't just pop up. They wouldn't have exposed Craig to waivers if he was their backup plan for 1B.

They exposed Craig because they knew he was not good and no one would waste a roster spot on a 1B that cant hit. If anyone knew he progressed it would be the Pirates, who did not care if he was gone.
Well, they couldn't know for a certainty he wouldn't be taken but they clearly did not care if he was gone. So I think they kept him only as minor league depth. Not as the backup plan for 1B if Bell is moved. They have Moran for that.
BellevueBuc

Post by BellevueBuc »

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: If they move Bell, Moran can play 1B. I'm sure the idea of moving Bell didn't just pop up. They wouldn't have exposed Craig to waivers if he was their backup plan for 1B.

Well, they couldn't know for a certainty he wouldn't be taken but they clearly did not care if he was gone. So I think they kept him only as minor league depth. Not as the backup plan for 1B if Bell is moved. They have Moran for that.

Agreed. I think if there is a future 1B in the system that will be a quality starter it is Mason Martin. He launches balls, walks at a high rate...and Ks a ton. Adam Dunn like, and there is nothing wrong with that.