2. Kevin Newman (R) SS

3. Bryan Reynolds (S) CF

4. Will Craig (R) 1B

5. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

6. Erik Gonzalez (R) 3B

7. Ka'ai Tom (L) LF

8. Michael Perez (L) C

9. JT Brubaker (R) P

I wonder who the backup C will be tonight? I guess we won't know that until closer to game time. They will miss Stallings for sure if he is out for any length of time.
Bobster21

Official Game Thread - May 18- Bucs @ Cards

Post by Bobster21 »

Maybe Stallings is available in a pinch. He has a quad bruise so it doesn't sound too bad.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

0F222F3E39283F7F7C4D0 wrote: Maybe Stallings is available in a pinch. He has a quad bruise so it doesn't sound too bad.

I sure hope so!
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

I want to see Will Craig get on track and earn a spot .

He could be a Craig Wilson type. Needs to stop swinging for the fence . It was never his game .

Needs to seize the day or forever be a AAAA player getting a cup of coffee every few years.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

684548595E4F58181B2A0 wrote: Maybe Stallings is available in a pinch. He has a quad bruise so it doesn't sound too bad.
All he has to do is hit it over the wall and he can walk around the bases
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The questions Block asks Walk make it look like Block knows nothing about baseball.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

This is getting ugly fast.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

I am stunned at how bad an outfielder Tom is, he stands their and watches the ball drop in again.  If you can't hit you damn sure need to be able to play defense.  He can't do either but he keeps get ran out there like he's going to start clicking any day.  Damit I want to see players hustle and I'm not seeing it with these guys.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2F373532322534332E2F395C0 wrote: I am stunned at how bad an outfielder Tom is, he stands their and watches the ball drop in again.  If you can't hit you damn sure need to be able to play defense.  He can't do either but he keeps get ran out there like he's going to start clicking any day.  Damit I want to see players hustle and I'm not seeing it with these guys.
I don't see any reason why he's worth keeping on the roster all season as a Rule 5 just to keep him in the organization moving forward. He doesn't seem to have any value. Next time they need a roster spot (either Hayes or a new dumpster dive), Tom could be the one to go.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

684548595E4F58181B2A0 wrote: I am stunned at how bad an outfielder Tom is, he stands their and watches the ball drop in again.  If you can't hit you damn sure need to be able to play defense.  He can't do either but he keeps get ran out there like he's going to start clicking any day.  Damit I want to see players hustle and I'm not seeing it with these guys.
I don't see any reason why he's worth keeping on the roster all season as a Rule 5 just to keep him in the organization moving forward. He doesn't seem to have any value. Next time they need a roster spot (either Hayes or a new dumpster dive), Tom could be the one to go.
Brubaker doesn't seem to have it tonight. Maybe I'll just stick with the Pens