Trade

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Trade

Post by SCBucco »

0D2627222227201D3A2F3A2721204E0 wrote: With the loss of Musgrove that brings the payroll to under $40 million for next season. And we haven`t traded Frazier and his $4 million yet. BC better sign a FA or MLB will be on his ass.

I wish the Steelers would go full rebuild.

MLB won't do anything to Pittsburgh except voice concern.
skinnyhorse

Trade

Post by skinnyhorse »

4252536472727E110 wrote: With the loss of Musgrove that brings the payroll to under $40 million for next season. And we haven`t traded Frazier and his $4 million yet. BC better sign a FA or MLB will be on his ass.

I wish the Steelers would go full rebuild.

MLB won't do anything to Pittsburgh except voice concern.

The problem is there are going to be no fans I wouldn't go if you paid me to watch the people they have. It will take forever to get fans back to Pittsburg unless they become World Series Champs and I don't see that happening unless many of these acquisitions perform above expectations. I'm not willing to wait 5 years for this team to become competitive. I will just quit watching them.
GreenWeenie

Trade

Post by GreenWeenie »

Until they win.

Look what happened after we stunk for TWENTY years. BOB knows it.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Trade

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

495153545443525548495F3A0 wrote: Who will be the starting pitchers, seems we have nothing left but prospects and #5 starters.  It's going to be a long year.  Just hope we can have one deceit pitcher out of all these deals but I don't see it.  Better get someone with our #1 pick that can be a #1 fast or we will have no fans by next year.  [highlight]I've been a Pirates fan all my life but it's really getting harder by the day.[/highlight]

I agree, it's discouraging to see the team with so little talent, with hopes of competing still unknown. But the trade of Musgrove can't have surprised anyone, and we know Frazier's leaving is imminent. Taillon will follow, likely at the Deadline. This isn't enjoyable.

On a side note, I got to see Bednar pitch in high school a few times. He was a bulldog back then and I hope he continues to carry that attitude. I think he'll be a good acquisition.
GreenWeenie

Trade

Post by GreenWeenie »

FWIW- probably nothing: For Cole, we received a couple years of Musgrove, Moran, Feliz, Martin, these new suspects, and a couple bad seasons so far.
SammyKhalifa

Trade

Post by SammyKhalifa »

1345534748524249445361464C40484D0F42210 wrote: Who will be the starting pitchers, seems we have nothing left but prospects and #5 starters.  It's going to be a long year.  Just hope we can have one deceit pitcher out of all these deals but I don't see it.  Better get someone with our #1 pick that can be a #1 fast or we will have no fans by next year.  [highlight]I've been a Pirates fan all my life but it's really getting harder by the day.[/highlight]

I agree, it's discouraging to see the team with so little talent, with hopes of competing still unknown.  But the trade of Musgrove can't have surprised anyone, and we know Frazier's leaving is imminent.  Taillon will follow, likely at the Deadline.  This isn't enjoyable.

On a side note, I got to see Bednar pitch in high school a few times.  He was a bulldog back then and I hope he continues to carry that attitude.  I think he'll be a good acquisition.

But blowing everything up for a hope for later is better than eternal mediocrity and 77 wins or whatever.
GreenWeenie

Trade

Post by GreenWeenie »

Except when blowing up leads to 77 wins or whatever because we just churn suspect after suspect rather than adding talent to them.
Bobster21

Trade

Post by Bobster21 »

5164737378417373787F73160 wrote: FWIW- probably nothing:  For Cole, we received a couple years of Musgrove, Moran, Feliz, Martin, these new suspects, and a couple bad seasons so far. 
That's what happens when a GM settles for quantity over quality. Not one of those players was remotely worth Cole. But the Astros made the package large enough of players they wouldn't miss and NH took it.
SammyKhalifa

Trade

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Considering we've seen exactly zero of the guys the current administration has brought in (they didn't play any games after all) I think that's a bit premature is all.
GreenWeenie

Trade

Post by GreenWeenie »

4B666B7A7D6C7B3B38090 wrote: FWIW- probably nothing:  For Cole, we received a couple years of Musgrove, Moran, Feliz, Martin, these new suspects, and a couple bad seasons so far. 
That's what happens when a GM settles for quantity over quality. Not one of those players was remotely worth Cole. But the Astros made the package large enough of players they wouldn't miss and NH took it. 

I wasn't rating that. I only listed the return; mainly to see if I had it accurately.