Austin Meadows to get called up tomorrow?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Marte to 10 day DL
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Hopefully the crowds will pickup the next few days and hearing that Meadows is coming up will help those crowds. Very excited to see what he can do up here.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Mixed feelings on this move. Mainly is Meadows really ready to join MLB? If only for 10 days or so its okay but if Marte is out much longer I would've rather given Christopher Bostick a shot as he seems to lighting up AAA and seems to give a bit more versatility in both OF and INF. Sort of an SRod kinda guy. Seems he needs a much of a cup of coffee as Meadows. Can't see the Bucs moving forward in 2019 with SRod on the roster.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

How is Bostick more exciting than Meadows?

I am surprised by the move. The Pirates are all about money and are starting Meadow's clock? This shows they are trying to win. It's exciting for every team when their top prospect gets the call.
mouse

Post by mouse »

This is just a short, get-your-feet-wet type opportunity for Meadows. Be good for him and they can easily justify sending him back down when Marte is done (presumably in eight days). I take this as a sign Marte's injury is not thought of as serious. If they thought he would be out for an extended time they would have called up Bostick. No way they give Meadows an extra year of arbitration just to get him up three weeks early.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

070C04080D0C175254231A020B0C0C4D000C630 wrote: How is Bostick more exciting than Meadows?

I am surprised by the move. The Pirates are all about money and are starting Meadow's clock? This shows they are trying to win. It's exciting for every team when their top prospect gets the call.

Who said that Dog? 
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

37352F293F5A0 wrote: This is just a short, get-your-feet-wet type opportunity for Meadows. Be good for him and they can easily justify sending him back down when Marte is done (presumably in eight days). I take this as a sign Marte's injury is not thought of as serious. If they thought he would be out for an extended time they would have called up Bostick. No way they give Meadows an extra year of arbitration just to get him up three weeks early.

You are right. Need to put on my thinking cap a bit earlier in the day! I wonder if he starts in CF tonite? That would be interesting.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

54757D547F77100 wrote: This is just a short, get-your-feet-wet type opportunity for Meadows. Be good for him and they can easily justify sending him back down when Marte is done (presumably in eight days). I take this as a sign Marte's injury is not thought of as serious. If they thought he would be out for an extended time they would have called up Bostick. No way they give Meadows an extra year of arbitration just to get him up three weeks early.

You are right.  Need to put on my thinking cap a bit earlier in the day!  I wonder if he starts in CF tonite?  That would be interesting.

I sure hope so. I want him out there for the short time he is going to be up.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

57564D5C4A0A0D390 wrote: This is just a short, get-your-feet-wet type opportunity for Meadows. Be good for him and they can easily justify sending him back down when Marte is done (presumably in eight days). I take this as a sign Marte's injury is not thought of as serious. If they thought he would be out for an extended time they would have called up Bostick. No way they give Meadows an extra year of arbitration just to get him up three weeks early.

You are right.  Need to put on my thinking cap a bit earlier in the day!  I wonder if he starts in CF tonite?  That would be interesting.

I sure hope so. I want him out there for the short time he is going to be up.
They generally prefer to put a guy right in the lineup when he's called up. Especially if he's been hot in AAA. It keeps a rookie from sitting around in the dugout for days getting nervous about his debut. So I expect Meadows to be in the lineup tonight. Besides, Rodriguez has played a lot recently and Hurdle loves to rest players.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

Should be a lot of shuffling this weekend:

Marte to DL, Meadows Up on Friday

Kingham up on Saturday, Moroff (?) down

Jay Hay activated Sunday, Kingham (?) down

Next week Musgrove activated, Osuna (?) or Frazier (?) down