Should We Begin To Get Excited For Will Craig

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Craig now has 94 rbi , 19 homers at AA. Is he a future legitimate power hitter for the Pirates ? Those stats are something to get excited about.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

What to do with Bell? One of those two will be trade bait as they aren't moving either to the OF.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0B3731372C25332A440 wrote: What to do with Bell?  One of those two will be trade bait as they aren't moving either to the OF.
Plenty of time to let things sort themselves out. Craig hasn't even faced AAA pitching yet. By 2020 when we've already seen Craig perform in AAA for a year, Bell will be arb eligible. And we will have seen another year of his development. Will he have a consistent swing by then to take advantage of his strength? Or will he be a 15-20 HR guy prone to good and bad streaks depending on whether he swings well or poorly? By 2020 they may have seen enough of Bell and not want to keep him. Or he may be so good they won't pay him in arbitration. And if Craig shows he's ready to be a force in MLB by then, Bell can be dealt to an AL team as a DH.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Craig will probably be PTBNL for Kela.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I'll be excited about Craig when he cuts down on his Ks and gets is OBP and average up to near where it was before his HR outburst. And I want to see just how good he is in the field. Can he move athletically around at 1B? Can he make the throw on the 3-6-1 or 3-6-3 DP consistently well?

Will Craig Stats from MiLB
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

48696148636B0C0 wrote: I'll be excited about Craig when he cuts down on his Ks and gets is OBP and average up to near where it was before his HR outburst.  And I want to see just how good he is in the field.  Can he move athletically around at 1B?  Can he make the throw on the 3-6-1 or 3-6-3 DP consistently well?

If he doesn't "throw like a girl" :) he'll already have Bell beat.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

5E737E6F68796E2E2D1C0 wrote: I'll be excited about Craig when he cuts down on his Ks and gets is OBP and average up to near where it was before his HR outburst.  And I want to see just how good he is in the field.  Can he move athletically around at 1B?  Can he make the throw on the 3-6-1 or 3-6-3 DP consistently well?

If he doesn't "throw like a girl" :) he'll already have Bell beat.

Hey Bobster you make me laugh but you also made me realize that Bell does through like a girl. My 7yr old grand daughter has a motion not unlike Bell's I really think that he spent so much time in the OF and the long motion it takes to make throws there he tries to over compensate for that motion he ends up short arming a who mess of throws. Can't figure out why someone in the coaching end can't help him figure out that motion.
RichD

Post by RichD »

I think Craig is a Bell type hitter .The real Bell, high avg. obp and hits doubles . That's what Bell did in minors .What he did last year with Hr was a fluke.

Bucs wanted more power from Bell and got it but it came at a cost of what he does best. And now he is all screwd up but getting on track.

I bet the bucs told Craig they need more power also and now everything else is low.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

083339321E5A0 wrote: I think Craig is a Bell type hitter .The real Bell, high avg. obp and hits doubles . That's what Bell did in minors .What he did last year with Hr was a fluke.

Bucs wanted more power from Bell and got it but it came at a cost of what he does best. And now he is all screwd up but getting on track.

I bet the bucs told Craig they need more power also and now everything else is low.

According to P2 that is just what they did! :'(
RichD

Post by RichD »

Whats P2, again ? I have heard it referred too before .