Kuhl vs Strasburg

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

johnfluharty

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by johnfluharty »

Kuhl a little wild off the plate outside so far but his fastball is upper 90s with one hitting 100! Since when does Kuhl throw that hard?
Ecbucs

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by Ecbucs »

4C494E48404A534E4754525F260 wrote: Kuhl a little wild off the plate outside so far but his fastball is upper 90s with one hitting 100!  Since when does Kuhl throw that hard?

have to wonder about this. No one hit Nolan Ryan as hard as Kuhl is being hit tonight.
CarolinaBucco

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Couple of things ...

* Cutch's trade value, if there is any value left, is plummeting. If we trade him we'll be lucky to get a middling A ball prospect for him.

* Our starting pitching is not nearly as good as some folks seem to believe it is. We needed at least 2 more PROVEN starters in the offseason to build some depth and now we are paying the price for not doing it ... as we have to watch Kuhl and Glasnow make 40% of our starts.

* I'm guessing Polanco is out for at least 7-10 days ... just because that's the way things are going these days.

* Did I mention that Cutch is really bad right now?
SteadyFreddy

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea I was at the game last night and was actually on tv a lot right behind the plate in the Lexus Club seats with my wife,my buddy and dad, and  it's pretty brutal to see Cutch hitting around or under .210. I'll keep saying it this team is not very good. They are going to do this same pattern all season where they win maybe 2 or 3 in a row and then turn back around and lose 4 or 5 straight. The fact that John Jaso is batting cleanup for this team and is hitting .150 is flat out ridiculous. I know options for Clint are limited but for crying out loud please quit playing Jaso everyday essentially in right field and hitting him 4th in the lineup. It's flat out embarrassing.
Bobster21

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by Bobster21 »

74534246435E61554243435E270 wrote: Yea I was at the game last night and was actually on tv a lot right behind the plate in the Lexus Club seats with my wife,my buddy and dad, and  it's pretty brutal to see Cutch hitting around or under .210. I'll keep saying it this team is not very good. They are going to do this same pattern all season where they win maybe 2 or 3 in a row and then turn back around and lose 4 or 5 straight. The fact that John Jaso is batting cleanup for this team and is hitting .150 is flat out ridiculous. I know options for Clint are limited but for crying out loud please quit playing Jaso everyday essentially in right field and hitting him 4th in the lineup. It's flat out embarrassing.
How pathetic is it when we're longing for Polanco with his 1 HR and 9 RBIs to bat cleanup?
Osushawn

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by Osushawn »

4A676A7B7C6D7A3A39080 wrote: Yea I was at the game last night and was actually on tv a lot right behind the plate in the Lexus Club seats with my wife,my buddy and dad, and  it's pretty brutal to see Cutch hitting around or under .210. I'll keep saying it this team is not very good. They are going to do this same pattern all season where they win maybe 2 or 3 in a row and then turn back around and lose 4 or 5 straight. The fact that John Jaso is batting cleanup for this team and is hitting .150 is flat out ridiculous. I know options for Clint are limited but for crying out loud please quit playing Jaso everyday essentially in right field and hitting him 4th in the lineup. It's flat out embarrassing.
How pathetic is it when we're longing for Polanco with his 1 HR and 9 RBIs to bat cleanup?

I'd be happy enough to see Osuna in that spot for an extended period of time.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Osuna is batting .217
Osushawn

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by Osushawn »

68636B676263783D3B4C756D646363226F630C0 wrote: Osuna is batting .217

Hence my note to give him a shot for an extended period of time to see if he can get going. I don't see him as a limited time player. Needs consistent playing time to get going.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Who is Osuna playing over? I'd rather get Polanco, Frazier, or Bell going.
Bobster21

Kuhl vs Strasburg

Post by Bobster21 »

262D25292C2D367375023B232A2D2D6C212D420 wrote: Who is Osuna playing over?  I'd rather get Polanco, Frazier, or Bell going.
The point was that, with Polanco out, Jaso was in the OF and batting 4th. Why not give those ABs to Osuna rather than Jaso?