Kevin Newman

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Kevin Newman

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I will admit I wanted the Bucs to sign a shortstop this past winter, because I didn’t have alot of confidence in Kevin Newman. Boy, was I mistaken. He has done a great job in the field, and his hitting is very impressive. At this point I would expect him to play second base if Tucker eventually becomes the shortstop, or they may keep him at shortstop, and decide to move Tucker. Newman has surprised me.
MaineBucs

Kevin Newman

Post by MaineBucs »

Newman --- A really pleasant surprise.

Bell looking like a real ballplayer (despite his recent tail-off), Reynolds' arrival and looking like he has been here for years, and Newman's overall play, are by far the most encouraging developments of this season.
Ecbucs

Kevin Newman

Post by Ecbucs »

727E7F242D242C21263923140 wrote: I will admit I wanted the Bucs to sign a shortstop this past winter, because I didn’t have alot of confidence in Kevin Newman. Boy, was I mistaken. He has done a great job in the field, and his hitting is very impressive. At this point I would expect him to play second base if Tucker eventually becomes the shortstop, or they may keep him at shortstop, and decide to move Tucker. Newman has surprised me.

you just gave your identity away. I always knew that Neal H. posted here. :)
SammyKhalifa

Kevin Newman

Post by SammyKhalifa »

The lineup is looking pretty strong, too bad about our pitching problems.

(boy, what a difference a few months make)
OrlandoMerced

Kevin Newman

Post by OrlandoMerced »

And Colin Moran has taken a step forward. And with Dickerson back the offense is in place.

The rotation ~seems to be settling down, but the bullpen is still an abject disaster. It will be hard to maintain if they can't hold on to leads.
Ecbucs

Kevin Newman

Post by Ecbucs »

where the heck is Newman getting this power? Very nice to see.
johnfluharty

Kevin Newman

Post by johnfluharty »

I believe I read that he worked on adding some additional muscle to give him some better endurance in the offseason since he tired late last season