Dodgers interested in Vazquez?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

This is per a story on Rumbunter that quotes Morosi from MLB Network. It describes how the teams could be a good match given the Dodgers prospect depth, especially at catcher. They have 3 highly ranked catching prospects including their #1 prospect, Keibert Ruiz, who is a 20 year-old at AA. I also like their #5, Will Smith, a 24 year-old at AAA who has put up some very good numbers.

The one thing the story doesn't address is why the Dodgers really need Felipe. Jansen is signed through 2021. Morosi's story says it would just be to perfect their roster. ::)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

If they trade Vazquez it better be part of an overall strategy to build a competitive team. Not just "Hey, those prospects would look good in our organization."
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

1D303D2C2B3A2D6D6E5F0 wrote: If they trade Vazquez it better be part of an overall strategy to build a competitive team. Not just "Hey, those prospects would look good in our organization." 
Agreed. They need to have a specific goal (not just "try to compete every year") and a plan and make all transactions work toward that goal.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

1601172036363A550 wrote: This is per a story on Rumbunter that quotes Morosi from MLB Network.  It describes how the teams could be a good match given the Dodgers prospect depth, especially at catcher.  They have 3 highly ranked catching prospects including their #1 prospect, Keibert Ruiz, who is a 20 year-old at AA.  I also like their #5, Will Smith, a 24 year-old at AAA who has put up some very good numbers. 

The one thing the story doesn't address is why the Dodgers really need Felipe.  Jansen is signed through 2021.  Morosi's story says it would just be to perfect their roster. ::)

It was said elsewhere that he would setup Jansen, therefore lessening the ask from their perspective because set up men don't require a heavy ask.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

7C6C6D5A4C4C402F0 wrote: This is per a story on Rumbunter that quotes Morosi from MLB Network.  It describes how the teams could be a good match given the Dodgers prospect depth, especially at catcher.  They have 3 highly ranked catching prospects including their #1 prospect, Keibert Ruiz, who is a 20 year-old at AA.  I also like their #5, Will Smith, a 24 year-old at AAA who has put up some very good numbers. 

The one thing the story doesn't address is why the Dodgers really need Felipe.  Jansen is signed through 2021.  Morosi's story says it would just be to perfect their roster. ::)

It was said elsewhere that he would setup Jansen, therefore lessening the ask from their perspective because set up men don't require a heavy ask.

And my response would be: "i don't give a bleep how you want to use him, he is a top 5 closer and you will pay like that."
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

262E2D3A2C2C204F0 wrote: This is per a story on Rumbunter that quotes Morosi from MLB Network.  It describes how the teams could be a good match given the Dodgers prospect depth, especially at catcher.  They have 3 highly ranked catching prospects including their #1 prospect, Keibert Ruiz, who is a 20 year-old at AA.  I also like their #5, Will Smith, a 24 year-old at AAA who has put up some very good numbers. 

And my response would be:  "i don't give a bleep how you want to use him, he is a top 5 closer and you will pay like that." 

one thing the Dodgers (and other teams ) need to consider is if they don't trade for him the team that does get him might play against the Dodgers in the playoffs. Trading for him keeps him away from your opposition.
mouse

Post by mouse »

The players apparently are optimistic of getting back in the race ( https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/pirate ... fway-point ). I suspect NH will shortly say the results of the next three weeks will decide if they are sellers or buyers. Unless they take a real nose-dive, I don't see them as sellers, and no way they trade Vasquez -- they have to assume that next year they won't have the injuries and will need him. I could see them trade some Tucker or other top prospects for a "controllable" pitcher. My fear is another Archer trade.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

They talked about teams after him on MLB Radio and one that made sense to them was Atlanta. As long as they don't give up Anderson or Siroka or Walker in their eyes ... You have to make it sting relative to what we gave up for a mediocre starter on the decline from Tampa with term. They brought up Camargo as a piece. I would add ... Bryse Wilson, William Contreras, and Kolby Allard.