Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Jeremy Jeffress DFAd

Post by IABucFan »

Pirates are crazy not to sign him.
MaineBucs

Jeremy Jeffress DFAd

Post by MaineBucs »

While I am not a big Kela fan, the rumor on MLB trade rumors that the Bucs were considering sending out Kela for Jeffress is a bit disconcerting.

And, with respect to Jeffress, why not give him a shot over most of the suspects who the team is considering recalling from AAA for September. Unlike the assemblage of cannon fodder that the Bucs are recalling, Jeffress has experienced some real success at the major league level.

Sign him to a contract. Give him some major league innings in September. See if he may be salvageable. And, if he is, bring him back for 2020. If not, nothing hurt by not having Montana pitch any more major league innings this year.

IABucFan

Jeremy Jeffress DFAd

Post by IABucFan »

6A464E494265524454270 wrote: While I am not a big Kela fan, the rumor on MLB trade rumors that the Bucs were considering sending out Kela for Jeffress is a bit disconcerting.

And, with respect to Jeffress, why not give him a shot over most of the suspects who the team is considering recalling from AAA for September.   Unlike the assemblage of cannon fodder that the Bucs are recalling, Jeffress has experienced some real success at the major league level. 

Sign him to a contract.  Give him some major league innings in September.  See if he may be salvageable.  And, if he is, bring him back for 2020.   If not, nothing hurt by not having Montana pitch any more major league innings this year.

Exactly.
DemDog

Jeremy Jeffress DFAd

Post by DemDog »

You pick him up now and see what he has. If he works out you have a $4.3 mil team option for 2020. If not you just refuse his option and he becomes a FA. Question is will BMTIB spend the remainder of his contract for 2019 or even the 2020 option. After all they have plenty of low cost options in the minors to run out there.
SCBucco

Jeremy Jeffress DFAd

Post by SCBucco »

103C3433381F283E2E5D0 wrote: While I am not a big Kela fan, the rumor on MLB trade rumors that the Bucs were considering sending out Kela for Jeffress is a bit disconcerting.

And, with respect to Jeffress, why not give him a shot over most of the suspects who the team is considering recalling from AAA for September.   Unlike the assemblage of cannon fodder that the Bucs are recalling, Jeffress has experienced some real success at the major league level. 

Sign him to a contract.  Give him some major league innings in September.  See if he may be salvageable.  And, if he is, bring him back for 2020.   If not, nothing hurt by not having Montana pitch any more major league innings this year.

I really don't think you will have to worry about Kela after this season. IMO, he will be dealt in the off season. I too would go after Jeffress. He is the typical reclamation project Pittsburgh loves. Worth a shot.