Oliver Perez

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Oliver Perez

Post by JollyRoger »

We couldn’t even get Oliver Perez back for the bullpen. I thought we were looking for another LH reliever. He signed with the Indians for 2.5M Option for 2020-$2.75
Bobster21

Oliver Perez

Post by Bobster21 »

I guess the search for a LH reliever ended when they signed Tyler Lyons and his 8.64 ERA. Classic dumpster dive.
fjk090852-7

Oliver Perez

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Some of these recent player free agent signings have been for dollar amounts which one would think the Pirates could afford. I assume they have not even attempted to try to sign these players such as Perez. In my opinion it appears they don’t want to add players which would make them more competitive.
PMike

Oliver Perez

Post by PMike »

5854550E070E060B0C13093E0 wrote: Some of these recent player free agent signings have been for dollar amounts which one would think the Pirates could afford. I assume they have not even attempted to try to sign these players such as Perez. In my opinion it appears they don’t want to add players which would make them more competitive.

Not sure that he'd want to come back to Pittsburgh. He had some great years, but it didn't end well for him here. From his perspective, I could see that he'd have a lot of sad/immature memories from baseball here. If there are 29 other places all willing to pay, why come back here?