Glasgow leaves with injury

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve49

Post by steve49 »

Ugh .. the dreaded "forearm tighness." He threw a lot of "stress" pitches as the yankees got some cheap hits mixed in with a walk and an error. Hope he's OK ...
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

"Forearm Tightness" is such a more foreboding phrase in baseball than it is in real life.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

He has been doing very well, and now this injury. I hope this is only a minor setback. It is something seeing all these pitchers getting so many injuries. I am a fan from the 1960s and for all these years I don’t recall pitchers going down like they do today.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6965643F363F373A3D22380F0 wrote: He has been doing very well, and now this injury. I hope this is only a minor setback. It is something seeing all these pitchers getting so many injuries. I am a fan from the 1960s and for all these years I don’t recall pitchers going down like they do today.
He said there was no pop or anything but his arm felt tight. They'll get an MRI. I hope it's minor. IMHO, the reason there are so many more arm injuries in this MLB era is because the players throw so much harder. 20 years ago, 90 mph was fast. Now it's a soft tosser. Now it's common to throw high 90s or even 100+. The bodies are bigger and stronger but the tendons and tissues inside those arms are not equipped to handle what the muscles can do.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Is this same injury, symptom as Taillon?
steve49

Post by steve49 »

They are saying a "mild forearm strain." Out 4 to 6 weeks. Could mess up 2019 but looks like he may have avoided real trouble.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just read that Glasnow will not throw for at least another two weeks. The Rays are wondering if he will have time to return this season. Just like Taillon, he will begin with soft tossing, then throw from different distances, then he may throw a sim game, then maybe a couple rehab starts. It is like beginning with spring training again. I still wonder if Glasnow will require surgery.