Oddity from Yesterday's Game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

In the midst of losing and all of the theatrics yesterday, the Pirates recorded all 3 outs at the plate in the 5th. Likely happens now and then, but I can't remember the last time that I saw such.

Twice in a row the Pirates got a force out at home with the bases loaded on small dribblers to Holmes (About the only thing he did right yesterday). And, they ended the inning by throwing Shwarber out at home when he tried to score from 2nd.

About the only good things from yesterday:

1) The Pirates needed only 3 pitchers to get through 9 innings and a shellacking.

2) The Pirates won the first 3 games of a 4 game series.

Lastly, my DirecTV package didn't carry the Pirate broadcast yesterday so I had to suffer through the Cubs' broadcast. Particularly appalling was watching the end of the game and their TV cameras focusing on the number of celebrations by Cub fans that attended the game.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

456961666D4A7D6B7B080 wrote:

Lastly, my DirecTV package didn't carry the Pirate broadcast yesterday so I had to suffer through the Cubs' broadcast.   Particularly appalling was watching the end of the game and their TV cameras focusing on the number of celebrations by Cub fans that attended the game.      

god do i hate the cubs
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

My Extra Innings package only carried the Cubs broadcast. They routinely carry the home team broadcast. Also on MLB.TV, which gives you a choice of which broadcast you want, there was no Pirate broadcast other than radio. I don't think the Pirates televised that game.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I believe the Pirates' tv feed was on ESPN.