Peguero Still Not In Camp

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

According to a note from Jason Mackey, Livero Peguero is still in the D.R. I assume he is having visa problems. I can never understand when a player has trouble coming to the States, whenever he knows the reporting date for ST. One would think he would have the necessary paperwork prepared so he could arrive in camp on time.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

232F2E757C757D70776872450 wrote: According to a note from Jason Mackey, Livero Peguero is still in the D.R.  I assume he is having visa problems. I can never understand when a player has trouble coming to the States, whenever he knows the reporting date for ST. One would think he would have the necessary paperwork prepared so he could arrive in camp on time.

Don't teams do the visa paperwork for the players?

Or do teams just contact players to see if they have done x?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

5F79786F79691A0 wrote: According to a note from Jason Mackey, Livero Peguero is still in the D.R.  I assume he is having visa problems. I can never understand when a player has trouble coming to the States, whenever he knows the reporting date for ST. One would think he would have the necessary paperwork prepared so he could arrive in camp on time.

Don't teams do the visa  paperwork for the players? 

Or do teams just contact players to see if they have done x?

Good question. You would think that the team would at least provide some guidance for these kids so they could report on time to the states so they can play some ball.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Peguero was a late arrival for camp, but when he got the chance to play he did well. He smacked a nice double today, but unfortunately Swaggerty was thrown out at home. The Pirates could have a very good infield in a couple years with Hayes, Peguero, Gonzales and hopefully Mason Martin. Bae is another interesting player who may end up playing in the outfield, or he may become a trade chip to add to a portion of the team that could be lacking.