Jared Oliva- Any news on him?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Doing nothing but whining about my car all day, I decided to look into the Pirates roster from the thread about Keller on the covid IL, and what happens when he comes off, and who goes.

Looking at the OF, I was wondering, "what's been up with Jared Oliva?" He has been on the 7 day IL down at Indy since IDK when.

I tried google, but can't find anything or any updates about him.

So what do you know about him? It must be fairly serious as the Pirates have been diving in every dumpster to find outfielders.

So hopefully while I wait for someone(s) to fill us in, here's a great Outfield indeed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N1iwQxiHrs
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

694F485D54584F59513A0 wrote: Doing nothing but whining about my car all day, I decided to look into the Pirates roster from the thread about Keller on the covid IL, and what happens when he comes off, and who goes.

Looking at the OF, I was wondering, "what's been up with Jared Oliva?"  He has been on the 7 day IL down at Indy since IDK when.

So what do you know about him? It must be fairly serious as the Pirates have been diving in every dumpster to find outfielders.

So hopefully while I wait for someone(s) to fill us in, here's a great Outfield indeed:

A report on May 5 said Oliva was to resume baseball activities in 4-6 weeks which would be early to mid June. Hard to say how soon after that he could actually play. But he could conceivably be playing by July.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

062B26373021367675440 wrote: Doing nothing but whining about my car all day, I decided to look into the Pirates roster from the thread about Keller on the covid IL, and what happens when he comes off, and who goes.

Looking at the OF, I was wondering, "what's been up with Jared Oliva?"  He has been on the 7 day IL down at Indy since IDK when.

A report on May 5 said Oliva was to resume baseball activities in 4-6 weeks which would be early to mid June. Hard to say how soon after that he could actually play. But he could conceivably be playing by July.
Thanks. Wish there was something a little more recent. It just struck me because I realized all of the OF talk, his name never comes up in discussion here, and also, I never hear any updates on the game broadcasts.

Thanks for that info though.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

301611040D01160008630 wrote: Doing nothing but whining about my car all day, I decided to look into the Pirates roster from the thread about Keller on the covid IL, and what happens when he comes off, and who goes.

Thanks. Wish there was something a little more recent. It just struck me because I realized all of the OF talk, his name never comes up in discussion here, and also, I never hear any updates on the game broadcasts.

Thanks for that info though.
Well, on yesterday's radio broadcast Joe Block was speculating on which MLB teams the citizens of Jacksonville, Fl prefer. So there's that. You can't expect to get all that info as well as updates on injured players.
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Maybe moving the Pirates to Jacksonville is the way to go, long-term.  That way Jacksonville gets stuck with Nutting.  Maybe in a few years the Pirates get a 'new' team with 'new' ownership ala the Cleveland Browns.