Trade

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Trade

Post by Ecbucs »

2D2E373031301A2C3F283320353474343F2E5A0 wrote: Now I don't really know much about the guys or how they'll turn out, but this seems like exactly the kind of thing we should be doing.

It'll be some time before we see what they can do with these guys.  What we can see now is that they're aiming for upside, as with Marte.  So at least the approach is the right one.
a catcher and a lefthanded pitcher. Pretty amazing.
skinnyhorse

Trade

Post by skinnyhorse »

Who will be the starting pitchers, seems we have nothing left but prospects and #5 starters.  It's going to be a long year.  Just hope we can have one deceit pitcher out of all these deals but I don't see it. Better get someone with our #1 pick that can be a #1 fast or we will have no fans by next year.  I've been a Pirates fan all my life but it's really getting harder by the day.
WildwoodDave2

Trade

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

073225252E1725252E2925400 wrote: A catching prospect?  Are we allowed to have

What I want to know is- are we allowed to even have major league players?  At least in theory, it is a MLB team, isn't it?

I suggest that we all sit back and wait for Weenie to evaluate this deal
fjk090852-7

Trade

Post by fjk090852-7 »

10080A0D0D1A0B0C111006630 wrote: Who will be the starting pitchers, seems we have nothing left but prospects and #5 starters.  It's going to be a long year.  Just hope we can have one deceit pitcher out of all these deals but I don't see it.  Better get someone with our #1 pick that can be a #1 fast or we will have no fans by next year.  I've been a Pirates fan all my life but it's really getting harder by the day.
Provided they don’t trade any additional starters. The 5 starters should be Taillon, Keller, Brault, Kuhl and Brubaker. I expect they might sign an established pitcher like they did with Holland last season.
GreenWeenie

Trade

Post by GreenWeenie »

013F3A32213939321237203364560 wrote: A catching prospect?  Are we allowed to have

What I want to know is- are we allowed to even have major league players?  At least in theory, it is a MLB team, isn't it?

Me? Let's give Cherington a few more years to see what he has.
shedman

Trade

Post by shedman »

4B7E6969625B69696265690C0 wrote: A catching prospect?  Are we allowed to have

Me?  Let's give Cherington a few more years to see what he has.
________

I wonder if Cherington is starting to get excited to see what the players he has under contractual control can do?
Ecbucs

Trade

Post by Ecbucs »

505C5D060F060E03041B01360 wrote: Who will be the starting pitchers, seems we have nothing left but prospects and #5 starters.  It's going to be a long year.  Just hope we can have one deceit pitcher out of all these deals but I don't see it.  Better get someone with our #1 pick that can be a #1 fast or we will have no fans by next year.  I've been a Pirates fan all my life but it's really getting harder by the day.
Provided they don’t trade any additional starters. The 5 starters should be Taillon, Keller, Brault, Kuhl and Brubaker. I expect they might sign an established pitcher like they did with Holland last season.

And at this point Ponce and Crow are in the mix. Combined with a great bullpen this rotation could help the team win 70 games if the offense is above average.
SCBucco

Trade

Post by SCBucco »

7E666463637465627F7E680D0 wrote: Who will be the starting pitchers, seems we have nothing left but prospects and #5 starters.  It's going to be a long year.  Just hope we can have one deceit pitcher out of all these deals but I don't see it.  Better get someone with our #1 pick that can be a #1 fast or we will have no fans by next year.  I've been a Pirates fan all my life but it's really getting harder by the day.

This year with the way we heard was going to be worse than what we saw last year. They aren't making any moves that help immediately. We lost Bell, albeit after. bad year; just traded Musgrove and probably will move Frazier too. We are destined to have the top pick overall in 2022 as well. Who knows what 2022 brings on the field, but I can deduce that it will be rough as well because there won't be any immediate moves for improvement. Get ready for baseball.
ChillinStation

Trade

Post by ChillinStation »

With the loss of Musgrove that brings the payroll to under $40 million for next season. And we haven`t traded Frazier and his $4 million yet. BC better sign a FA or MLB will be on his ass.

I wish the Steelers would go full rebuild.
shedman

Trade

Post by shedman »

4353526573737F100 wrote: Who will be the starting pitchers, seems we have nothing left but prospects and #5 starters.  It's going to be a long year.  Just hope we can have one deceit pitcher out of all these deals but I don't see it.  Better get someone with our #1 pick that can be a #1 fast or we will have no fans by next year.  I've been a Pirates fan all my life but it's really getting harder by the day.

This year with the way we heard was going to be worse than what we saw last year.  They aren't making any moves that help immediately.  We lost Bell, albeit after. bad year; just traded Musgrove and probably will move Frazier too.  We are destined to have the top pick overall in 2022 as well.  Who knows what 2022 brings on the field, but I can deduce that it will be rough as well because there won't be any immediate moves for improvement.  Get ready for baseball.
________

What about 2030?