Injured Pirates Outfielders

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It appears that Chisenhall, Polanco and Dickerson are coming along with the rehabs, and hopefully the Bucs can get all or two of them back by the time they go to LA on April 26th. The last year or two the Dodgers have had success with the Bucs,so it would be good to take 2 out of 3 from them.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Some interesting moves will have to be made when those guys are ready. Plus Diaz will replace Stallings, who will have to be waived. Right now they have 24 players with Archer suspended and that includes 12 pitchers. Archer will make 13 with a 4 man bench. And Newman is on the IL. Newman would replace a pitcher on the roster. My guess would be Brault. Dickerson and Polanco would seem to replace Shuck and Reyes, but that's contingent on Newman being back unless they see Kang as a viable backup option at SS. Then there's Chisenhall, who would seem to be the odd man out with Cabrera doing so well.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

6A474A5B5C4D5A1A19280 wrote: Some interesting moves will have to be made when those guys are ready. Plus Diaz will replace Stallings, who will have to be waived. Right now they have 24 players with Archer suspended and that includes 12 pitchers. Archer will make 13 with a 4 man bench. And Newman is on the IL. Newman would replace a pitcher on the roster. My guess would be Brault. Dickerson and Polanco would seem to replace Shuck and Reyes, but that's contingent on Newman being back unless they see Kang as a viable backup option at SS. Then there's Chisenhall, who would seem to be the odd man out with Cabrera doing so well.
is there any time limit for Chisenhall to come back? Has to be activated by ???
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0E28293E28384B0 wrote: Some interesting moves will have to be made when those guys are ready. Plus Diaz will replace Stallings, who will have to be waived. Right now they have 24 players with Archer suspended and that includes 12 pitchers. Archer will make 13 with a 4 man bench. And Newman is on the IL. Newman would replace a pitcher on the roster. My guess would be Brault. Dickerson and Polanco would seem to replace Shuck and Reyes, but that's contingent on Newman being back unless they see Kang as a viable backup option at SS. Then there's Chisenhall, who would seem to be the odd man out with Cabrera doing so well.
is there any time limit for Chisenhall to come back?  Has to be activated by ???

I don't believe there's a limit. 10-days is the minimum on the IL. Players can be transferred to the 60 day list to free up a roster spot on the 40-man but there's no requirement as to how long they can stay on the 10-day list beyond 10 days.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah I don't think even MLB can force him to have his broken finger be fixed. ;)

But I'm thinking you mean something about his ML contract (I think he had a minor league+invite anyhow) where some of them say you have to be on the major league roster by a certain time or be cut. I might be way off.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5C6E62627644676E6366696E0F0 wrote: Yeah I don't think even MLB can force him to have his broken finger be fixed.  ;)

But I'm thinking you mean something about his ML contract (I think he had a minor league+invite anyhow) where some of them say you have to be on the major league roster by a certain time or be cut.  I might be way off. 
Good question. But technically, he's on the major league roster now.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah that's what I would think too.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

092F2E392F3F4C0 wrote: Some interesting moves will have to be made when those guys are ready. Plus Diaz will replace Stallings, who will have to be waived. Right now they have 24 players with Archer suspended and that includes 12 pitchers. Archer will make 13 with a 4 man bench. And Newman is on the IL. Newman would replace a pitcher on the roster. My guess would be Brault. Dickerson and Polanco would seem to replace Shuck and Reyes, but that's contingent on Newman being back unless they see Kang as a viable backup option at SS. Then there's Chisenhall, who would seem to be the odd man out with Cabrera doing so well.
is there any time limit for Chisenhall to come back?  Has to be activated by ???

Martin can be sent down whenever Chisenhall comes off the IL.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5F5352090009010C0B140E390 wrote: Some interesting moves will have to be made when those guys are ready. Plus Diaz will replace Stallings, who will have to be waived. Right now they have 24 players with Archer suspended and that includes 12 pitchers. Archer will make 13 with a 4 man bench. And Newman is on the IL. Newman would replace a pitcher on the roster. My guess would be Brault. Dickerson and Polanco would seem to replace Shuck and Reyes, but that's contingent on Newman being back unless they see Kang as a viable backup option at SS. Then there's Chisenhall, who would seem to be the odd man out with Cabrera doing so well.

Martin can be sent down whenever Chisenhall comes off the IL.
Right! I totally forgot about Martin. That makes sense. Thanx.