Bucs To Retain Hurdle

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Bucs To Retain Hurdle

Post by fjk090852-7 »

According to MLB Trade Rumors they are reporting that Hurdle has been assured he will return in 2020. Wow that surprises me.
Ecbucs

Bucs To Retain Hurdle

Post by Ecbucs »

6D61603B323B333E39263C0B0 wrote: According to MLB Trade Rumors they are reporting that Hurdle has been assured he will return in 2020. Wow that surprises me.

ESPN is reporting this too.  This means NH is staying.

What a clusterf+++ of management.

Playoffs three straight years, bridge year and then 3 years of what?
JollyRoger

Bucs To Retain Hurdle

Post by JollyRoger »

I’m glad Hurdle is returning.

The one I want run out of town is Nutting
Ecbucs

Bucs To Retain Hurdle

Post by Ecbucs »

4D686B6B7E5568606275070 wrote: I’m glad Hurdle is returning.

The one I want run out of town is Nutting

he is't going to fire himself.
WiffleballHero

Bucs To Retain Hurdle

Post by WiffleballHero »

I expected this. Both Huntington and Hurdle are signed through the 2021 season. It was exceedingly unlikely the Pirates were going to pay two GMs and two managers for two years.

Selling season tickets for next year will be harder than selling ice cubes to Eskimos Inuit.
WiffleballHero

Bucs To Retain Hurdle

Post by WiffleballHero »

Oops, just saw Bobster made the same point on another thread.  Well, though the point lacks in originality, it doesn't make it any less true. The earliest either will be fired will be the '20 all star break.  But I'll take the end of next season in the raffle, provided the team face-plants like it should.
fjk090852-7

Bucs To Retain Hurdle

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Hurdle did not meet with the media after tonight’s game until about twenty minutes after the completion. Normally the scrum happens right after the game. I wonder if he had a meeting with Neal after the game, to discuss this situation. Possibly Hurdle spoke out of turn regarding his status. I am going to wait until Monday or Tuesday to hear what Huntington or Coonelly have to say about Hurdles tenure.
UtahPirate

Bucs To Retain Hurdle

Post by UtahPirate »

This probably isn't the place to put this, but no game thread.

In a season that's been so dang awful, I'm getting HUGE satisfaction watching the Cubs lose 8 in a row going down the stretch! Really happy that we can inflict a little pain as well.
rucker59@gmail.com

Bucs To Retain Hurdle

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Reported in Pittsburgh now.

BOTH Neal and Hurdle are retained.

I actually thought Neal would be retained but Clint dropped. But there was no way Nutting was firing either of these guys. Sad but totally expected.
rucker59@gmail.com

Bucs To Retain Hurdle

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4F717E7E747D7A797474507D6A77180 wrote: Oops, just saw Bobster made the same point on another thread.  Well, though the point lacks in originality, it doesn't make it any less true. The earliest either will be fired will be the '20 all star break.  But I'll take the end of next season in the raffle, provided the team face-plants like it should.

Money is only part of the equation. The bigger issue is Neal provides something more important than wins, he is tireless in doing Nuttings miserly work. Basically, Hurdle does the same thing for Neal.

Neal will be around for many years. He serves Nutting’s purposes. Winning is not one Of them.