Is It Time For Rodriguez To Be Sent To Indy

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It didn’t matter last night, but Rich Rodriguez gave up another home run during his inning of pitching. He is not pitching as well this year as he did last season. He has not performed well if you bring him in to hold a lead. Possibly sending him to Indy could get him back on track. I am not certain who they would want to come up to replace him, but I think Rodriguez needs to go to AAA to rediscover what made him so successful in 2018.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea I agree and I mentioned this as well the other day. It’s just not working out for him so far through this first month of the season. Clint can’t continue to keep pitching him either like he has in tight games in high leverage situations because he simply cannot get any big outs and is giving up homeruns constantly. Send him down to Indy and see if they can make him the pitcher he was a year ago.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

He may never get back to the pitcher he was last year. It was a surprise that he did so well last season but he wouldn't be the first reliever to have 1 good season and then never repeat it. I agree he needs to go to Indy. They need to see if he can dominate AAA batters and if he can't, then they need to move on from him. He's 29 and he knocked around in the minors since 2010 and both the Astros and Orioles gave up on him before breaking thru last year. I think it's more likely that he'll never again enjoy the success he had last season than it is that he just needs time, coaching and practice and he'll get right back to how he pitched last year.