Let the rumor mill begin

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

RichD

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by RichD »

So nobody likes Marte for Clevinger ?

You few guys just like to talk to each other over and over . Been here for a good time now and I get crickets everytime.

Archer would be nice also I agree.

dmetz

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by dmetz »

123435223424570 wrote: We are reportedly in on Archer.   Fwiw.   I doubt it's worth much.

I would do:

Meadows

Baz

Clay Holmes type depth starter/ org guy

Enough?

I think a trade for Archer would quiet the masses.   I like Meadows, would like to keep him, and don’t think the Bucs would trade him.  However, he and Holmes might be the price for Archer.  I imagine the Rays wouldn’t mind some salary relief themselves.

I wouldn’t give up both Baz and Meadows though (our # 2 and 3 prospects to start the year).   Baz is young.  He spent his whole life whiffing batters throwing the ball right down the middle—he has some things to learn.   He is averaging 10.6 K/9, which means he has the stuff.  He probably just lacks control (both within and out of the strike zone).   If it takes a 3rd player, we have about 180 other candidates to throw in.

I like your aggressive thinking.  It just doesn’t seem like something TBMTIB would do.

I'm never too concerned with where our prospects are ranked.  Especially low minors guys.  After all, Moran was ranked 5th lol, come on.    These lists are pretty comical sometimes.  They don't know.    I've come to believe we're  better off scouting the back of the baseball card in 9 of of 10 cases.   

I was told I should be really excited about Baz.   I was.  His pro performance is terrible.  Almost 10h/9 and 5walks per game is not anything someone with his supposed pedigree should be doing in rookie ball

to be fair, Baz and Jacob Webb were born in 1999. so he is one of youngest players on the team.

Why wait around 7 years to find out if hes a good starter? Let's turn him into Archer right now, who is a good starter pitching in the hardest league, against one of the toughest divisions. Who we would control for several years
SammyKhalifa

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4B424A5B552F0 wrote: We are reportedly in on Archer.   Fwiw.   I doubt it's worth much.

I would do:

Meadows

Baz

Enough?

I think a trade for Archer would quiet the masses.   I like Meadows, would like to keep him, and don’t think the Bucs would trade him.  However, he and Holmes might be the price for Archer.  I imagine the Rays wouldn’t mind some salary relief themselves.

I wouldn’t give up both Baz and Meadows though (our # 2 and 3 prospects to start the year).   Baz is young.  He spent his whole life whiffing batters throwing the ball right down the middle—he has some things to learn.   He is averaging 10.6 K/9, which means he has the stuff.  He probably just lacks control (both within and out of the strike zone).   If it takes a 3rd player, we have about 180 other candidates to throw in.

I like your aggressive thinking.  It just doesn’t seem like something TBMTIB would do.

I'm never too concerned with where our prospects are ranked.  Especially low minors guys.  After all, Moran was ranked 5th lol, come on.    These lists are pretty comical sometimes.  They don't know.    I've come to believe we're  better off scouting the back of the baseball card in 9 of of 10 cases.   

I was told I should be really excited about Baz.   I was.  His pro performance is terrible.  Almost 10h/9 and 5walks per game is not anything someone with his supposed pedigree should be doing in rookie ball

to be fair, Baz and Jacob Webb were born in 1999. so he is one of youngest players on the team.

Why wait around 7 years to find out if hes a good starter?  Let's turn him into Archer right now, who is a good starter pitching in the hardest league, against one of the toughest divisions.   Who we would control for several years
If you're not excited about him I'm not sure the devil rays would be either.
Ecbucs

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by Ecbucs »

2E272F3E304A0 wrote: We are reportedly in on Archer.   Fwiw.   I doubt it's worth much.

I would do:

Meadows

Baz

Enough?

Why wait around 7 years to find out if hes a good starter?  Let's turn him into Archer right now, who is a good starter pitching in the hardest league, against one of the toughest divisions.   Who we would control for several years

oh, I would make the Meadows, Baz,Holmes deal for Archer. The Bucs need to get somebody who is going to help them this year and for the next couple of years. They can find another pitching prospect in draft or in a trade to replace Baz.
DemDog

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by DemDog »

Now hearing that they are looking at Padres Craig Stammen and Kirby Yates per 93.7 the Fan. No talk who would go to the Pads.
Ecbucs

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by Ecbucs »

1A212B200C480 wrote: So nobody likes Marte for Clevinger ?

You few guys just like to talk to each other over and over . Been here for a good time now and I get crickets everytime.

I would not deal Marte straight up for Clevinger. I think that would put too much of a hole in the current roster. Maybe if the Pirates think that Meadows is ready to take over in center. I think Marte has raised his value quite a bit this year by hitting for more power.

The Indians most likely want someone more experienced than Meadows for center and I could see they going for a Billy Hamilton so they don't need to remove someone from their rotation.

skinnyhorse

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by skinnyhorse »

270100170111620 wrote: We are reportedly in on Archer.   Fwiw.   I doubt it's worth much.

I would do:

Meadows

Baz

Enough?

oh, I would make the Meadows, Baz,Holmes deal for Archer.  The Bucs need to get somebody who is going to help them this year and for the next couple of years.  They can find another pitching prospect in draft or in a trade to replace Baz.
I would part with both Holmes and Meadows but don't think I would give them another good propect maybe a long shot guy but that's enough. Not sure Archer is that valuable a guy.
Tintin

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by Tintin »

0A313B301C580 wrote: So nobody likes Marte for Clevinger ?

Hated it then, hated it now.

Sorry. Marte could bring a lot more.
SammyKhalifa

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by SammyKhalifa »

775150475141320 wrote:

The Indians most likely want someone more experienced than Meadows for center and I could see they going for a Billy Hamilton so they don't need to remove someone from their rotation.

They're talking about Cutch.
dmetz

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by dmetz »

4E73746E73741A0 wrote: So nobody likes Marte for Clevinger ?

Hated it then, hated it now.

Sorry.  Marte could bring a lot more.

Agree, that's way light