Pirated vs Cubbies - 7/3 - Gagme Thread Again

Post by JollyRoger »

Huge huge win.

Gotta love this team.

I love punishing the Cubs
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Great win tonight always good to stick it to the Cubs. The Pirates have now won 7 games in a row at PNC Park and have now won 12 of their last 17 games overall and are right back in this division race.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

3 games out of first!

Perhaps the best hitting team since the 70’s Lumber Company.

Get this team a legit starting pitcher!
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

1B3E3D3D28033E363423510 wrote: 3 games out of first!

If they make a trade don’t upset the chemistry of this team. Don’t move guys like Dickerson or Cabrera. This team is doing very well.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I agree if the Pirates continue to go on this current run they are on then Huntington and especially Bob Nutting need to go get this team some pitching help at the deadline. Package Polanco and whoever else and get this team some help. This team is starting to get healthy too. We got good news on Taillon today, Kela is getting close, and Polanco is as well. The Pirates are gonna have a dilemma in the outfield once Polanco comes back but I don’t see at this point how you send Osuna back down as good as he has been as a pinch hitter. There is no way you can do it. It’s great wins like this tonight that makes me hate this ownership group even more.
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

280D0E0E1B300D050710620 wrote: 3 games out of first!

Rumor around NY is that the Mets will deal Zack Wheeler and maybe even Thor. Wheeler is just a rental as he becomes a FA at season's end. Syndergaard hasn't even hit arbitration yet (next year), so he'd cost more despite not performing as well this year. He's still only 26.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

45606363765D60686A7D0F0 wrote: 3 games out of first!

I'm not sure there is a good match.  The options come from Toronto, Baltimore, KC, Detroit, Seattle, Muts, Miami and SF.  Let's eliminate the following for obvious reasons - Stroman, Boyd, Turnbull, Gonzales, deGroom, Syndegaard, Wheeler, MadBum.

Cashner from Baltimore might be in the wheelhouse and wouldn't come at a cost ... Daniel Norris from Detroit ... Mike Leake ... Vargas ... would Miami part with Caleb Smith?

I don't want to trade any bats of significance and that includes farm hands like Hayes and crew.  Too bad we can't get Ian Kennedy stretched out from being a closer in KC.

I would love a legit pitcher, with control, but Nutting won't spend, even though more money is coming off the books (Cervelli and probably Dickerson) and I fear NH. He gave up a significant chunk for Archer. That chunk was worth Archer four years ago, not what we got last year. Someone would take NH to the cleaners again.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

51766763667B44706766667B020 wrote: I agree if the Pirates continue to go on this current run they are on then Huntington and especially Bob Nutting need to go get this team some pitching help at the deadline. Package Polanco and whoever else and get this team some help. This team is starting to get healthy too. We got good news on Taillon today, Kela is getting close, and Polanco is as well. The Pirates are gonna have a dilemma in the outfield once Polanco comes back but I don’t see at this point how you send Osuna back down as good as he has been as a pinch hitter. There is no way you can do it. It’s great wins like this tonight that makes me hate this ownership group even more.
Polanco is a weak link. He's not as good as any of the other 4 OFers on the team. He's a consistent .250ish hitter with moderate power. He's poor defensively and a bad base runner. I dread having him return and seeing his inferior play substituted for better players.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

6D404D5C5B4A5D1D1E2F0 wrote: I agree if the Pirates continue to go on this current run they are on then Huntington and especially Bob Nutting need to go get this team some pitching help at the deadline. Package Polanco and whoever else and get this team some help. This team is starting to get healthy too. We got good news on Taillon today, Kela is getting close, and Polanco is as well. The Pirates are gonna have a dilemma in the outfield once Polanco comes back but I don’t see at this point how you send Osuna back down as good as he has been as a pinch hitter. There is no way you can do it. It’s great wins like this tonight that makes me hate this ownership group even more.
Polanco is a weak link. He's not as good as any of the other 4 OFers on the team. He's a consistent .250ish hitter with moderate power. He's poor defensively and a bad base runner. I dread having him return and seeing his inferior play substituted for better players.

Agree. Polanco is an all-airport type of guy. He looks the part when he walks on the field and then ... you see the mistakes and everything else.