Official Game Thread - 7/24 - Bucs @ Padres

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Great job of covering and posting the game. Now I don't

have to watch it. Looks like Santana wants to go to a contender.

Certainly helped his cause last night. The trade deadline is going

to be interesting. Who goes - who stays.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

406661747D71667078130 wrote: Pirates go in order for the first time tonight.

Holderman coming on to give Priester the win.

Which, btw, because baseball has so many useless "facts" he would be the first Pirate to win his first game in two or less starts against a pitcher with more than 250 career starts since Steve Blass won his first start against Don Drysdale.

And aren't you that much better knowing that? I hate when they pass that stuff on during the broadcast, it's much more fun to make fun of it when they put that kind of stuff up on the scoreboard during the game
Yeah, I thought that was such a stupid thing for them to say. And of course Kevin Young adds, "That's pretty good company!" as if Priester just won his 300th game.
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

193F382D24283F29214A0 wrote: Okay Colin, a no drama 1-2-3 please.

Looking at the 40 man roster, I'm guessing Castro is on his way back to the team

Time to give Alika Williams or Shackelford a look see. Castro had his chance.

Santana saving his best for the trade deadline. I really appreciate that.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

If Santana continues to mash against the Padres like he did last night, and play the same quality defense that he did last night, perhaps he will be staying behind in San Diego.

Cronenworth, Carpenter, Rivas, and others have not provided the Padres much production at first. Santana also would be a better fit as a #6 or # 7 hitter rather than how the Pirates miscast him as a middle of the order bat.

I also understand that Santana is the first switch-hitter who previously played for the Indians who is over 35 to hit 2 home runs with a man on base against Darvish on a night that he was 'honored' with his bobblehead giveaway.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

58747C7B7057607666150 wrote: If Santana continues to mash against the Padres like he did last night, and play the same quality defense that he did last night, perhaps he will be staying behind in San Diego.

Cronenworth, Carpenter, Rivas, and others have not provided the Padres much production at first.  Santana also would be a better fit as a #6 or # 7 hitter rather than how the Pirates miscast him as a middle of the order bat.

I also understand that Santana is the first switch-hitter who previously played for the Indians who is over 35 to hit 2 home runs with a man on base against Darvish on a night that he was 'honored' with his bobblehead giveaway. 

;D ;D ;D

....on a Monday.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

45636471787463757D160 wrote: Pirates go in order for the first time tonight.

Holderman coming on to give Priester the win.

Which, btw, because baseball has so many useless "facts" he would be the first Pirate to win his first game in two or less starts against a pitcher with more than 250 career starts since Steve Blass won his first start against Don Drysdale.

And aren't you that much better knowing that? I hate when they pass that stuff on during the broadcast, it's much more fun to make fun of it when they put that kind of stuff up on the scoreboard during the game

Who even bothered to look up such a silly, meaningless thing anyway?
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

792F392D223828232E390B2C262A222765284B0 wrote:

Who even bothered to look up such a silly, meaningless thing anyway?

They don't start off looking that stuff up. They have to jiggle it to find some pairing that includes only Priester and some start sufficiently old, and hopefully impressive like Drysdale.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Unfortunately, half of the folks listening will not know who Drysdale is.