Let the rumor mill begin

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by Ecbucs »

5F565E4F413B0 wrote: Can someone please post a summary of Neal's radio show interview today. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about the hottest team in baseball with the trade deadline just 9 days away.

They should play the Looney tunes music in the leadup to the interview because NH may be studdering like Porky Pig.

2/1 odds he uses the phrase "in a position to add in July for the ____ consecutive season"

If the team wins every game, and closes to 2.5 or 3 games out of the 2nd WC, we still aren't going to be adding.   But the spin will be interesting to hear since the team took NHs challenge and called his bluff lol.   Never would have thought it could happen.

Frankly, I think where the team is now is a worst case scenario for NH. I agree he wants to dump salary for the rest of this season but the team is close to getting into the race. Sonny Gray could be a great addition and is under control for a couple more years.
BenM

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by BenM »

7E5C4F525154535C7F485E5E523D0 wrote: Can someone please post a summary of Neal's radio show interview today. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about the hottest team in baseball with the trade deadline just 9 days away.

"Well, our internal model had us pegged for somewhere between 79 and 82 wins. . . "

I think he was at his most honest a week or two ago when he said that in order to trade, you have to have players other teams want. With the possible exception of Vazquez, I think that's a problem for this team.
SCBucco

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by SCBucco »

5E5F4455430304300 wrote: Marte should start cleaning out his locker now.

Not sure I agree with this right now. I DON'T think you get the value for Marte now as opposed to the offseason. He has rebounded from last year's PED suspension and is playing good baseball. That said, this trade deadline to me is all about pitching (starting and relief) and Machado. I don't see too much value getting dealt for position players.

So, you deal him for prospects ... you better hope those prospects are impact.
notes34

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by notes34 »

7868695E4848442B0 wrote: Marte should start cleaning out his locker now.

Not sure I agree with this right now.  I DON'T think you get the value for Marte now as opposed to the offseason.  He has rebounded from last year's PED suspension and is playing good baseball.  That said, this trade deadline to me is all about pitching (starting and relief) and Machado.  I don't see too much value getting dealt for position players.

So, you deal him for prospects ... you better hope those prospects are impact.

Yeah I was being somewhat facetious. I do think they will look to move him next offseason before he starts making real money.
fjk090852-7

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5A786B76757077785B6C7A7A76190 wrote: Can someone please post a summary of Neal's radio show interview today. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about the hottest team in baseball with the trade deadline just 9 days away.
The last few weeks they repeat the show on a podcast on 93.7 The Fan. Hopefully today they will podcast the show on their site.
johnfluharty

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by johnfluharty »

79786372642423170 wrote: Marte should start cleaning out his locker now.

There is a 0% chance we trade Marte.
CarolinaBucco

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Why would they trade Marte?

Honestly if they traded Marte I would go ballistic ... unless they were getting Mike Trout or Mookie Betts in return.

He's our best player. He's in his prime. We are trying to win ... aren't we?
SCBucco

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by SCBucco »

6F4D5E434045424D6E594F4F432C0 wrote: Why would they trade Marte?

Honestly if they traded Marte I would go ballistic ... unless they were getting Mike Trout or Mookie Betts in return.

The FO and ownership would have some serious explaining to do if they traded Marte.
Osushawn

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by Osushawn »

1606073026262A450 wrote: Why would they trade Marte?

The FO and ownership would have some serious explaining to do if they traded Marte.

Marte for Gerrit Cole:-)
SteadyFreddy

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by SteadyFreddy »

1A0A0B3C2A2A26490 wrote: Why would they trade Marte?

The FO and ownership would have some serious explaining to do if they traded Marte. The same can almost be said for Dickerson if the Pirates keep winning games like this and are within a couple games of the wildcard in the next few weeks. You can’t justify trading Dickerson at this point as well as he is hitting and as well as the team is playing fighting their way back into contention.