Official Game Thread - 5/15 - Cubs vs Giants

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

One thing about this Pirates team like it or not and might sound like an annoying cliche is they fight hard and get the most out of the players they do have on this team. It’s still hard for me to believe this team has won 17 games so far this season seeing just the complete lack of talent on this team across the board and also all the injuries as well to key players they have had to fight through. This team has fought hard and had some scrappy wins and here they are in mid May at the 40 game mark today still hanging in there and not completely buried in the standings.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Holy crap! You guys are all-forgiving to me. You all overlooked the title of this thread and did not give me any sort of crap about it. Not even any snarky crap for my mistakenly call the Bucs the Cubs. At least I can claim to have used Cubs as an anagram for Bucs! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Gave up when 6-2. It's the Pirates and we usually lose these games. What a surprised when I checked this morning and the highlights did me proud.

Some amazing throw outs in this game.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

67464E674C44230 wrote: Holy crap!  You guys are all-forgiving to me.  You all overlooked the title of this thread and did not give me any sort of crap about it.  Not even any snarky crap for my mistakenly call the Bucs the Cubs.  At least I can claim to have used Cubs as an anagram for Bucs!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I didn't even notice! Maybe you should write Cubs instead of Bucs until it stops working. :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

18393118333B5C0 wrote: Holy crap!  You guys are all-forgiving to me.  You all overlooked the title of this thread and did not give me any sort of crap about it.  Not even any snarky crap for my mistakenly call the Bucs the Cubs.  At least I can claim to have used Cubs as an anagram for Bucs!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I did notice it yesterday but, with my history of mistakes, I can't be throwing the first stone.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

67464E674C44230 wrote: Holy crap!  You guys are all-forgiving to me.  You all overlooked the title of this thread and did not give me any sort of crap about it.  Not even any snarky crap for my mistakenly call the Bucs the Cubs.  At least I can claim to have used Cubs as an anagram for Bucs!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I actually thought you dug up and old Game Thread. I did that once on a Steeler message board and got banned for a week because I confused people.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

7D5B5C49404C5B4D452E0 wrote: Stallings has not been right this season. He's been hesitant, and seems to me he's afraid of being the take charge guy.

I have the power to motivate.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

615F5A52415959527257405304360 wrote: STALLINGS!!!!!!!!
The Mrs. is pissed because my screaming woke her up. She said " 73 years old and acting like a damn little kid".  :D :D
The fountain of youth, Pittsburgh Pirates baseball is thy name.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

5D7C745D767E190 wrote: Holy crap!  You guys are all-forgiving to me.  You all overlooked the title of this thread and did not give me any sort of crap about it.  Not even any snarky crap for my mistakenly call the Bucs the Cubs.  At least I can claim to have used Cubs as an anagram for Bucs!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
No one questions the Official Game Thread. It's why if you haven't started one nearing the start of the game, I just call it "game day thread". When Possum posts, people listen.

Besides, it's like those games they do on the internet, where they jumble letters, or add numbers, to show how your mind fixes things even though you know they are spelled wrong, abbreviated, numbers used in places of letters, etc.

Our minds just fixed it. Besides, if you boxed it for a dollar, you'd still win 80.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

6856535B4850505B7B5E495A0D3F0 wrote: STALLINGS!!!!!!!!
The Mrs. is pissed because my screaming woke her up. She said " 73 years old and acting like a damn little kid".  :D :D

I got a similar reaction when I crawled in bed after telling her that the Jolly Roger Got Raised and I tapped her on the butt. All she said was: Grrrrrrrrr, I'm to sleepy! :D :D Your Mrs. & my Mrs. would get along just fine. By the way tell her I said Hi!