Bell Hitting Lead-off Tonight 7/6

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Neal's radio show could be interesting tomorrow.  Wonder if he will talk about adding players or if he will start talking about next year.

Less than 25,000 attended the Friday night debacle.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

5750464E4057101C654248444C490B464A48250 wrote: The Dodgers scored 17 runs in first game of series and didn't come close to that in the two remaining games.

could the new strategy be: get hammered in first game and lull opponent to sleep?

Not a chance.  That would imply the Pirates have a plan. Trust me, there is NO plan.

Aw c'mon we all know the plan. Save as much of Bob's money as possible!
notes34

Post by notes34 »

644243544252210 wrote: Neal's radio show could be interesting tomorrow.  Wonder if he will talk about adding players or if he will start talking about next year.

I don't even watch at this point. I get some insight from here and maybe a couple of minutes on MLB network. This is such a joke. It will not matter who the GM and manager are until Nutting is gone. The problem is he is never selling and actually talks about keeping the team in the family for generations. As long as MLB continues to hand out cash to the likes of this clown he isn't ever leaving. I really hope attendance continues to dwindle to almost nothing. I feel cheated, lied too, and just plain pissed!
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

557372657363100 wrote: Neal's radio show could be interesting tomorrow.  Wonder if he will talk about adding players or if he will start talking about next year.

Lot of Phillies fans there.   

Look, we really aren't having that  bad a season.  we were in a position to add in July for the 8th consecutive season.

You cannot expect us to win a division championship every year and compete toe to toe with the Yanks,BoSox, dodgers and Giants!

INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Last week I caught last part of the old Kevin Costner movie No Way Out. That seems to be our predicament. Nutting is the devil and Neal and Clint sold their baseball souls for a comfy salary and longevity. Now they reside in baseball purgatory.

Short of an exorcism for the BMTIB, the only way out is for the players to step up and play at high levels. Even if a core group can evolve to build around, a successful organization needs more. It needs coaches that will train, educate, and mentor young players to maximize their skills and abilities. An organization needs a GM that is constantly supporting his coaches by locating and acquiring the best stable of player personnel. And like every business, the Pirates need an owner to provide the vision, leadership, and financial commitment to support his GM, coaches, players, and support personnel.

Like I said -- No Way Out.

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

3E3F2435236364500 wrote: Neal's radio show could be interesting tomorrow.  Wonder if he will talk about adding players or if he will start talking about next year.

I don't even watch at this point. I get some insight from here and maybe a couple of minutes on MLB network. This is such a joke. It will not matter who the GM and manager are until Nutting is gone. The problem is he is never selling and actually talks about keeping the team in the family for generations. As long as MLB continues to hand out cash to the likes of this clown he isn't ever leaving. I really hope attendance continues to dwindle to almost nothing. I feel cheated, lied too, and just plain pissed!

You’re probably right, but even Nutting must be realizing this Billion Dollar cash cow is seriously busted and now at risk of becoming the $750million cash cow with each passing day. Also, mlb and the players union must be growing more concerned about operations in Pittsburgh by the day. Id say there is some point where mlb will ask to have a meeting with ol Bob to discuss what the heck he’s planning to do about the growing mess in Pittsburgh.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

2621373F3126616D143339353D387A373B39540 wrote: Neal's radio show could be interesting tomorrow.  Wonder if he will talk about adding players or if he will start talking about next year.

You’re probably right, but even Nutting must be realizing this Billion Dollar cash cow is seriously busted and now at risk of becoming the $750million cash cow with each passing day.  Also, mlb and the players union must be growing more concerned about operations in Pittsburgh by the day.  Id say there is some point where mlb will ask to have a meeting with ol Bob to discuss what the heck he’s planning to do about the growing mess in Pittsburgh.
I doubt it. They won't touch this mess.