Let the rumor mill begin

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by MaineBucs »

Need to rewrite the sentence --- NH should have called the Indians. But, that is looking backwards.

Looking forward, with Hand commanding this price, NH should be shopping Vasquez to see what he could gain in return. Perhaps someone offers a deal that NH should not pass up.
pghpaulatl

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by pghpaulatl »

Looks like between this trade and the Machado trade that the "trade market" has been set high with almost twoweeks to go.
dave3BA

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by dave3BA »

3925283E3E344D0 wrote: Here's an article from ESPN on the Indians trade for a reliever.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2413 ... -brad-hand

The #5 prospect in baseball for a relief pitcher with a career 3.84 ERA?  NH needs to call the Indians.

That's a pretty big over-simplification. Hand, for the last two years has been one of the best left handed relievers in baseball. He worked his way into the role from long relief after finding a new pitch.

Mejia, while ranked highly, is a risky type of player. He isn't great defensively at catcher but has a rocket arm. He has great hands and can hit but lacks an approach and won't walk much. He's a guy with a wide range of outcomes despite being close to the major leagues.

The Indians also got a sidearm reliever named Cimber who has been really, really good this year.
dmetz

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by dmetz »

Cool! We should be able to get a couple mejia types for Vasquez. Right?
DemDog

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by DemDog »

323B33222C560 wrote: Cool!  We should be able to get a couple mejia types for Vasquez.  Right?

Never hurts to ask?
notes34

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by notes34 »

6D646C7D73090 wrote: Cool!  We should be able to get a couple mejia types for Vasquez.  Right?
I would be looking for sure. We need high ceiling players brought into the system.
fjk090852-7

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Some thoughts on the trade deadline. The Bucs are 5 games out of the wild card as they end the 3 game series with the Reds. I am enjoying this 8 game win streak, and I hope it can continue such as 16 out of 20 games. In the next 9 days what do they do? I would not trade certain prospects out of the system such as a Tucker or Keller. They are players who will help the major league club in the next year or two. As long as the team is in the playoff hunt you don’t trade a steady fielding shortstop like Mercer. I would hold onto Dickerson as well as Vasquez. Possibly you could trade Harrison, but I am sure he will pass through waivers in August if the Pirates begin to lose ground in the standings. I think it is a very difficult decision as to what route to take over the next several days if the Pirates continue to play as they have done over the last week.
CarolinaBucco

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Can someone please post a summary of Neal's radio show interview today. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about the hottest team in baseball with the trade deadline just 9 days away.
dmetz

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by dmetz »

0A283B26252027280B3C2A2A26490 wrote: Can someone please post a summary of Neal's radio show interview today. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about the hottest team in baseball with the trade deadline just 9 days away.

They should play the Looney tunes music in the leadup to the interview because NH may be studdering like Porky Pig.

2/1 odds he uses the phrase "in a position to add in July for the ____ consecutive season"

If the team wins every game, and closes to 2.5 or 3 games out of the 2nd WC, we still aren't going to be adding. But the spin will be interesting to hear since the team took NHs challenge and called his bluff lol. Never would have thought it could happen.
notes34

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by notes34 »

Marte should start cleaning out his locker now.