Post by 3pirates3 »

Kiley McDaniel (ESPN) Mock Draft 2.0

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/inside ... -1-overall

Jonathan Mayo (MLB.com) Mock Draft

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-draft-june-30-2022
Ecbucs

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by Ecbucs »

5F7E765F747C1B0 wrote: One of the outlets has the Pirates taking former Buc Lou Collier’s son.

Collier's yet another story of the 20-year streak: installed as a rookie shortstop, the team limped along a bit under .500 until be was replaced at short at the end of August, at which point the team commenced one of its patented collapses. Being the Pirates, they waived Collier in the offseason, and kept the collapse guy (Abe Nunez). Then everyone knew the collapse guy wasn't ready, so in two installments they threw $21 million at Pat Meares, who ended up producing like - Lou Collier.

Final kicker: in 2002 the Mets traded Lou Collier for - you guessed it - Jason Bay. And the Mets got a pitcher, too.

[highlight][highlight]I was hoping never to read or hear Abraham Nunez’s name again.  I couldn’t stand him being on the field for even a single play.  Boy, was I glad when he left here.[/highlight][/highlight]

There was a guy on an earlier iteration of OBN who thought that Nunez was the 2nd coming of Honus Wagner.  He got so miserable and insulting that we had to ban him from OBN for eternity. 

I think Animal was part of his name.
DemDog

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by DemDog »

6F49485F49592A0 wrote: One of the outlets has the Pirates taking former Buc Lou Collier’s son.

Collier's yet another story of the 20-year streak: installed as a rookie shortstop, the team limped along a bit under .500 until be was replaced at short at the end of August, at which point the team commenced one of its patented collapses. Being the Pirates, they waived Collier in the offseason, and kept the collapse guy (Abe Nunez). Then everyone knew the collapse guy wasn't ready, so in two installments they threw $21 million at Pat Meares, who ended up producing like - Lou Collier.

Final kicker: in 2002 the Mets traded Lou Collier for - you guessed it - Jason Bay. And the Mets got a pitcher, too.

[highlight]I was hoping never to read or hear Abraham Nunez’s name again.  I couldn’t stand him being on the field for even a single play.  Boy, was I glad when he left here.[/highlight]

There was a guy on an earlier iteration of OBN who thought that Nunez was the 2nd coming of Honus Wagner.  He got so miserable and insulting that we had to ban him from OBN for eternity. 

I think [highlight]Animal[/highlight] was part of his name.

Bingo ecbucs!  I have been driving myself nuts trying to remember his username.   [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
3pirates3

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by 3pirates3 »

The Road to The Show™: Pirates Catcher Davis

https://www.milb.com/news/the-road-to-t ... enry-davis
3pirates3

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by 3pirates3 »

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-draft-july-6-2022

"There's increasing chatter that the Pirates will emulate their strategy from 2021, when they took a talented player with their top choice (Henry Davis at No. 1), while also securing a discount to free up cash for later selections." - Callis
ChillinStation

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by ChillinStation »

Just a thought .Maybe they go under slot with Rocker. He could be ready in 2 years and that would work nice with the rebuild.
mouse

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by mouse »

Or maybe go with the catcher. That's a position where people get banged up pretty easily. Add in the hit by pitches and you can see why it may not be a bad idea to have two who are good.
JollyRoger

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by JollyRoger »

282A303620450 wrote: Or maybe go with the catcher. That's a position where people get banged up pretty easily. Add in the hit by pitches and you can see why it may not be a bad idea to have two who are good.

I think we already have 2 that should be really good in Davis and Endy Rodriguez
fjk090852-7

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5D787B7B6E4578707265170 wrote: Or maybe go with the catcher. That's a position where people get banged up pretty easily. Add in the hit by pitches and you can see why it may not be a bad idea to have two who are good.

I think we already have 2 that should be really good in Davis and Endy Rodriguez
Yes, but they have to keep Davis off the IL.