5/22 game thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

5/22 game thread

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The more Meadows hits and does this the less chances the Pirates can justify sending him down. Polanco needs Meadows to stay up here regardless he needs a kick in the ass and needs to be pushed a lot more then he is now.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/22 game thread

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

7E59484C49546B5F484949542D0 wrote: Well this one is over now. Another not so good start for Taillon.  The last 4 games have turned into a disaster for the Pirates. Better right the ship these last two games against the Reds before the tough stretch against the Cards and Cubs begins. Going 1-4 so far against the Padres and Reds so far in this 7 game stretch is just not good enough.

I think it was the 5/19 thread, game number 2 against San Diego and the Pirates had I think 13 stranded baserunners. I said then I had a bad feeling About the up coming games. I still do. I’ve felt really good about the team, but suddenly I feel like they are in the process of a free fall. Crazy....
SteadyFreddy

5/22 game thread

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Polanco comes up again with bases loaded and one out facing a pitcher who hitters hit over .300 against and hits a weak pop up to 2nd base. He is now 4 for 25 on the year with men in scoring position. You can make a strong case that Polanco is the main reason the Pirates are losing this game tonight.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

5/22 game thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Three bad at bats with the bases loaded tonight. No runs scored. That's a killer. Six runs stranded right there.
SCBucco

5/22 game thread

Post by SCBucco »

0D282B2B3E1528202235470 wrote: After 3 losses to the Padres; we needed a shutdown performance by Taillon. Very disappointing start tonight. We need an ace, a stopper

We traded him to Houston. Unfortunately, he wasn't close to an ace here, but he is in Houston because they have the right formula for him to succeed. We won't have anything close to a legit ace anytime soon here. Williams is the only consistent starter in the rotation.
Kovalwat

5/22 game thread

Post by Kovalwat »

We go to the 8th, 7-2 Reds. :-X
dogknot17@yahoo.co

5/22 game thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

486F7E7A7F625D697E7F7F621B0 wrote: Polanco comes up again with bases loaded and one out facing a pitcher who hitters hit over .300 against and hits a weak pop up to 2nd base. He is now 4 for 25 on the year with men in scoring position. You can make a strong case that Polanco is the main reason the Pirates are losing this game tonight.

Dickerson has zero hits (at this time of game) and left the bases loaded too.

Taillon gave up a Grand Slam.

A lot of blame tonight.
SteadyFreddy

5/22 game thread

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Brewers won again tonight so these last 4 losses in a row have killed the Pirates in the standings. They were in 1st place on Thursday last week and since this 4 game losing streak started they are now 3 games out of first behind the Brewers. This is exactly like we talked about how losses like this to bad teams who you need to beat will absolutely kill you in the standings.
SteadyFreddy

5/22 game thread

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Kontos needs DFA. He is giving up hits and runs everytime he pitches. Enough is enough please DFA him now.
IABucFan

5/22 game thread

Post by IABucFan »

092E3F3B3E231C283F3E3E235A0 wrote: The Brewers won again tonight so these last 4 losses in a row have killed the Pirates in the standings. They were in 1st place on Thursday last week and since this 4 game losing streak started they are now 3 games out of first behind the Brewers. This is exactly like we talked about how losses like this to bad teams who you need to beat will absolutely kill you in the standings.

It hasn't killed them. Killed means dead...as in, no coming back. They're two games out in the loss column. Yeah, you'd like to win these, and Sunday's game should have been a W, but it happens. Cards and Cubs are also going to lose tonight. One game out of the WC. All is not lost.

I know these games can seem very frustrating, but sometimes you have these. I just wish we could figure out how to beat the Reds. We're 3-2 against them, and should be 4-1. I don't care about this game...it's the loss we had in the first series after being up 4-0 that stings.