Pirates Draft Talk .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

11223E3F3C34023F2438232435393E500 wrote: One of the outlets has the Pirates taking former Buc Lou Collier’s son.

Collier's yet another story of the 20-year streak: installed as a rookie shortstop, the team limped along a bit under .500 until be was replaced at short at the end of August, at which point the team commenced one of its patented collapses. Being the Pirates, they waived Collier in the offseason, and kept the collapse guy (Abe Nunez). Then everyone knew the collapse guy wasn't ready, so in two installments they threw $21 million at Pat Meares, who ended up producing like - Lou Collier.

Final kicker: in 2002 the Mets traded Lou Collier for - you guessed it - Jason Bay. And the Mets got a pitcher, too.

I was hoping never to read or hear Abraham Nunez’s name again. I couldn’t stand him being on the field for even a single play. Boy, was I glad when he left here.
ArnoldRothstein

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

This is for Babe Adams

I hadn't heard. Thank you! Only rookie to win three games in a World Series.
DemDog

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by DemDog »

0355435758425259544371565C50585D1F52310 wrote: One of the outlets has the Pirates taking former Buc Lou Collier’s son.

Collier's yet another story of the 20-year streak: installed as a rookie shortstop, the team limped along a bit under .500 until be was replaced at short at the end of August, at which point the team commenced one of its patented collapses. Being the Pirates, they waived Collier in the offseason, and kept the collapse guy (Abe Nunez). Then everyone knew the collapse guy wasn't ready, so in two installments they threw $21 million at Pat Meares, who ended up producing like - Lou Collier.

Final kicker: in 2002 the Mets traded Lou Collier for - you guessed it - Jason Bay. And the Mets got a pitcher, too.

[highlight][highlight]I was hoping never to read or hear Abraham Nunez’s name again.  I couldn’t stand him being on the field for even a single play.  Boy, was I glad when he left here.[/highlight][/highlight]

There was a guy on an earlier iteration of OBN who thought that Nunez was the 2nd coming of Honus Wagner. He got so miserable and insulting that we had to ban him from OBN for eternity.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Pirates Draft Talk .

7D5C547D565E390 wrote: One of the outlets has the Pirates taking former Buc Lou Collier’s son.

[highlight][highlight]I was hoping never to read or hear Abraham Nunez’s name again.  I couldn’t stand him being on the field for even a single play.  Boy, was I glad when he left here.[/highlight][/highlight]

There was a guy on an earlier iteration of OBN who thought that Nunez was the 2nd coming of Honus Wagner.  He got so miserable and insulting that we had to ban him from OBN for eternity. 

Oh my. Good thing that guy isn’t evaluating talent for the Pirates.
UtahPirate

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by UtahPirate »

46676F466D65020 wrote: One of the outlets has the Pirates taking former Buc Lou Collier’s son.

There was a guy on an earlier iteration of OBN who thought that Nunez was the 2nd coming of Honus Wagner.  He got so miserable and insulting that we had to ban him from OBN for eternity. 

;D

I remember that so well. He was kind of a funny poster, but man did he have a man-crush on Abe! All logic flew out the window. Trying to remember his avatar ... names, night the best part of my old brain.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Pirates Draft Talk .

65445158605942514455300 wrote: One of the outlets has the Pirates taking former Buc Lou Collier’s son.

;D

I remember that so well. He was kind of a funny poster, but man did he have a man-crush on Abe! All logic flew out the window. Trying to remember his avatar ... names, night the best part of my old brain.

I’ve always found it amusing how fans can have such differences of opinion on a player’s abilities. My guess is that 95 people out of 100 would agree that Abe Nunez shouldn’t have been on a major league team. Why those five guys thought otherwise is a mystery.
Ecbucs

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by Ecbucs »

1F495F4B445E4E45485F6D4A404C4441034E2D0 wrote: One of the outlets has the Pirates taking former Buc Lou Collier’s son.

;D

I’ve always found it amusing how fans can have such differences of opinion on a player’s abilities.  My guess is that 95 people out of 100 would agree that Abe Nunez shouldn’t have been on a major league team.  Why those five guys thought otherwise is a mystery.

he was the key player in the Orlando Merced deal (unless you thought Jose Silva was key).
2drfischer@gmail.c

Pirates Draft Talk .

193F3E293F2F5C0 wrote: One of the outlets has the Pirates taking former Buc Lou Collier’s son.

;D

I’ve always found it amusing how fans can have such differences of opinion on a player’s abilities.  My guess is that 95 people out of 100 would agree that Abe Nunez shouldn’t have been on a major league team.  Why those five guys thought otherwise is a mystery.

he was the key player in the Orlando Merced deal (unless you thought Jose Silva was key).

That may be the first time he (Abraham Nunez) and "key player" was ever used in the same sentence.
WildwoodDave2

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1244524649534348455260474D41494C0E43200 wrote: One of the outlets has the Pirates taking former Buc Lou Collier’s son.

[highlight]I was hoping never to read or hear Abraham Nunez’s name again.  I couldn’t stand him being on the field for even a single play.  Boy, was I glad when he left here.[/highlight]

Oh my.  Good thing that guy isn’t evaluating talent for the Pirates.

I did hear he is a good golfer. He told me so himself
3pirates3

Pirates Draft Talk .

Post by 3pirates3 »

"MLB Draft update: Cam Collier, the 17-year-old third baseman, will conclude his Cape Cod League season with the Cotuit Kettleers later this week. He has a .703 OPS in 7 games against much older competition and impressed scouts recently at the Combine." - Morosi

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/15 ... 8290555904